Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Is it possible to have a Virtual Cabin

253 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a virtual cabin?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I think lots don't realise that in CS's the 777 with the Cabin means you can't use the VC. Only pop up 2-D Panels. Why? The cabin takes up most the poly's. So not sure why you'd want use that over having a bloody phenomenal VC and Exterior!

So not sure why you'd want use that over having a bloody phenomenal VC and Exterior!

Because they want something to whine about!

I'd prefer a sooner release, IIRC Rob said that the graphics Dept. was behind the Systems Dept. so this'd just add to the workload,

Regards,

Ró.

The graphics department has already caught up with the systems department. We are just waiting for an order of special light-weight paint to go on the 777 as a weight saving measure and our painters are testing different surface preparation methods.

In addition to waiting for paint, on one of our ground tests, we blew both GE90 engines so the 200LR is currently in the hangar awaiting a pair of engines from GE as well as we are performing a software update to the flight computers and the cabin team is currently outfitting the cabin.

And to quash any rumors/speculation, whatsoever, there WILL be a cabin interior, there always has.... but what will it look like or will there be any screenshots? I have 2 words - NO comment! ;-)

Ok... my break is over, time to get back and help the cabin team install the cabin wall trimmings....

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Useless.

Your post is too short. It does not contain enough words!

What a great customer demands there are here, right?

When you throw out money in the PMDG range (very expensive addons in my opinion) the most of features should be included, also virtual cabin. I do not understand why customers say no to such a feature.

It will not be for bad fps, because a separate model without the virtual cabin could be provided if someone have a machine not able to run this. And then a model with virtual cabin for the user with a "super" machine.

When you have bought expensive airplanes, you want them to be as much realist as possible. And most of us have never been inside the cockpit and hence the cabin is very familiar to us. And now I do not mean "passenger simulation" or "look out of the window", but it could be nice to sometimes walk to the cabin on long, boring flights. It's a long haul airplane after all.

The graphics department has already caught up with the systems department. We are just waiting for an order of special light-weight paint to go on the 777 as a weight saving measure and our painters are testing different surface preparation methods.

In addition to waiting for paint, on one of our ground tests, we blew both GE90 engines so the 200LR is currently in the hangar awaiting a pair of engines from GE as well as we are performing a software update to the flight computers and the cabin team is currently outfitting the cabin.

And to quash any rumors/speculation, whatsoever, there WILL be a cabin interior, there always has.... but what will it look like or will there be any screenshots? I have 2 words - NO comment! ;-)

Ok... my break is over, time to get back and help the cabin team install the cabin wall trimmings....

Oh Jason, you tease :-p

P.S.

You should have said something earlier, I've had nothing to do today, could have given you a hand hanging those interior trimmings lol

Alaister Kay

The graphics department has already caught up with the systems department.

Mighty news, keep up the great work, can't wait for the bird to roll out of the hanger.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

My god, PMDG are alive :LMAO:

Very sorry to PMDG for my last post. Seems PMDG posted this update at the same time while I was writing about necessity for virtual cabin. My apologies.

Yay :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Maybe we can have working working lavs...lockable for whatever desired illicit activities. Oh yeah and working galleys too...with stocked liquor cabinet :lol:

Joking aside, having a virtual cabin might be nice, but to me it would be incomplete and an 'empty feeling' with no passengers...unless all your flights are repositioning trips. Of course 200 some odd animated passengers would really drive down FPS ^_^

Looking foward to the LRF. Boxes won't complain about turbulence or the inflight movie B)

That being said, the crew rest cabin would be pretty cool.

Cheers

TJ

Gday

Your going to have to sell a lllllllllllllot of T7s to pay for those new engines

Good to hear something even if its b/s :lol:

Jeff

"this is a simulation from the pilot's perspective, not from the PAX" - Who said it was? I though this was a flight simulator, and I find you comment about every can experience in real life easy? How old are you? Money doesn't grow on trees to suddenly go.. Hey, I want to go on a 777 today what shall it be??

I agree completely. This is an "aircraft" simulation which should be the complete aircraft. That said, PMDG needs to just proceed with what they are doing. Since they do such a excessively complete simulation of the flight deck, they should be just focused on the super job that they do.

I do wish that they would make the cabin later, after the aircraft is released, as an expansion pack that would seamlessly plug into the NGX and 777. I would surely be willing to pay to add it to my existing NGX and soon to be, 777. It would be great to have that new "Sky Interior" in my NGX.

That way, those who were not interested, or didn't have the computer resources to run it, could just choose not to add it on.