Sign in to follow this  
baudie

Problem with REX Essential weather engine

I have a huge problem with REX E making the wind turn up to 180 degrees and therefore the plane goes from overspeed, to stallspeed and back to overspeed. This is far from okay since I train procedures and don't want unexpected crazy weather conditions.

Is it possible to use the sweet REX E textures and standard FSX weather engine?

Does anyone know the commands to control the weather from a webserver?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Baudie

Hello Baudie!

Of course is it possible to use REX E without it's WE.

Start the program and choose the Config Manager/Weather Engine. Look right under General WE settings,and disable the WE.

That's all.

Scott

Edited by firehawk44
photo deleted as it exceeded 400KB's (582KB) and size (1600 max width) yours 1680w

or you could do what a LOT of people do on here is use Active Sky 2012 for the weather engine, and REX for the textures

Active Sky 2012-handles winds and the weather better than REX, and is quicker to load than REX

but

REX has better textures

I quit using REX-E for weather depiction after so many issues.

I greatly prefer ASE in DWC mode with cloud re-draw supression. - This gives by far the most realistic weather of any program on the market IMO.

I use REX-E only for textures.

I quit using REX-E for weather depiction after so many issues.

I greatly prefer ASE in DWC mode with cloud re-draw supression. - This gives by far the most realistic weather of any program on the market IMO.

I use REX-E only for textures.

I went down the same road except I use AS2012 for weather. I really wanted the Essentials weather engine to work as it really does a good job in creating a realistic enviroment to fly in. But the wind shifts, cloud popping, and sky flashing were just to annoying. Plus the initial weather download when u first open up REX-E is just painful. I was sometimes waiting up to 40 minutes for it to start up. ASE and AS2012 just work.

Matt Wilson

I agree; winds and turbulence seem to be messed, up so I stopped using that feature;

I hope SP1 fixes that issue.

As for the long wait times, there is an interim workaround for the weather download issue:

Please do the following to increase your performance until Service Pack 1 is released:

1.) In the CONFIGURATION MANAGER/WEATHER TAB please enable the "enable archive weather data purge"

2.) In the CONFIGURATION MANAGER/WEATHER TAB please disable the "enable weather interpoloation of weather stations."

3.) In the CONFIGURATION MANAGER/WEATHER TAB please disable the "enable weather data overwrite".

4.) Finally if you have MS Access you can run a repair and compact database function on the mdb file.

Please note that we will be releasing a program that allows the users to compact/repair their databases when we release Service Pack 1.

Cheers.

I have done all the above including compacting the db but for me it didn't really have a huge impact. Yes it was quicker, but it's still taking longer than it takes to make and drink a coffee. I do hope sp1 improves things. In the meantime, I have so little time to waste and am getting a little high on the extended caffeine intake that Im getting AS2012. Sorry REX an opportunity wasted, although the textures are second to none the engine they are wrapped in needs more than a service,

Yea, seems like we been waiting for the REX-E service pack for ages!..lol Anybody know what's going on?

It's reported on the REX forums that the SP1 is in beta--issues are fixed and the additional features list is in process. It's the latter that's taking so much time.

Randall

It's reported on the REX forums that the SP1 is in beta--issues are fixed and the additional features list is in process. It's the latter that's taking so much time.

Randall

Thanks for the info Randall ..much appreciated

Personally, I dont think DWC (which is basically global weather) is realistic at all. It sets the same weather conditions at all stations so you never see the weather building up on the horizon or anything like that.

Its too bad the station based weather doesnt work properly.

I have hopes that Opus FSX may fix it, but Im just waiting for some stability. They seem to have a new beta build everyday!

Personally, I dont think DWC (which is basically global weather) is realistic at all. It sets the same weather conditions at all stations so you never see the weather building up on the horizon or anything like that.

Its too bad the station based weather doesnt work properly.

I have hopes that Opus FSX may fix it, but Im just waiting for some stability. They seem to have a new beta build everyday!

I like the look of the Opus software and am seriously considering a purchase. The regular Beta releases are by design as the developer would rather users have an early opportunity to play with any new features rather than wait months for any new features or fixes.

Bryan.

The regular Beta releases are by design as the developer would rather users have an early opportunity to play with any new features rather than wait months for any new features or fixes.

Understood. Im not complaining, in fact its nice to see a developer so active with the updates. I would just rather bide my time for a while.

Understood. Im not complaining, in fact its nice to see a developer so active with the updates. I would just rather bide my time for a while.

Must admit I'm tempted to dive in now, the Opus developers seem to have already broken new ground with their Live Weather engine, for example overcoming the need to clear all weather before injecting new updates something certainly not seen with either AS or Rex products.

Bryan.

example overcoming the need to clear all weather before injecting new updates

I don't have that problem with REX-E the clouds doesn't dissapear when new weather injects. Had this problem with REX2.

The only problem I have with REX-E is the wind shift issue and the long waiting time for weather to Download and Interpolate. I now there is workarounds for the Interpolating issue, but I want all the functions to work as they should and dont' like to remove features from a product. The long awaited SP1 is said to fix this whenever It's coming out(Hope they got some more news about this very soon).