Sign in to follow this  
baudie

Problem with REX Essential weather engine

I'm looking at Opus, but I'm ready to give up on REX-E weather. There are some things I like about it. It does a nice job on haze, but it still has many of the issues REX had.

So, I don't really want the AS2012 textures. I'm quite happy with the REX textures. But I wonder if I buy ASE, will I be missing out on improvements in the weather engine in AS2012?

Chaps...

The answer is simple. It's the same answer simmers have known about for a long time now.

Register your FSUIPC.

Set your wind smoothing options, to eliminate sudden wind shifts. Works perfectly.

Secondly, to fix the S turns you see in PMDG add-ons, tick the suppress turbulence box. You will still get turbulence, but no S turns.

Note: The latest FSUIPC may allow wind smoothing without registering so I was led to believe. I say register it anyway, and benefit from tons of useful features.

Note: It's perfectly okay to experiment with REXE wind smoothing and FSUIPC wind smoothing together.

The next REXE service pack will have additional tweaks to wind smoothing.

Register your FSUIPC.

Set your wind smoothing options, to eliminate sudden wind shifts. Works perfectly.

Do I have to have FSUIPC for the wind smoothing option? (I assume you are reffering to REX-E)

Have the options ticked but it doesnt work and I do not have FSUIPC

Im a little afraid to add somehting that could mess my FSX up as Ive read some bug reports on FSUIPC, and I recently had a complete reinstall and will not go through that again yet...

I'm been holding off for awhile, It has crossed my mind sometimes to get it..

Also I think that adding a 3party fix to fix some other 3partys features feels a bit strange, why have that option if it doesnt work...

Hello Kaboki

FSUIPC is probably the best thing ever to happen for Flight Simulators. Pete Dawson is practically a legend around here. FSUIPC adds many features to FS and also fixes many problems inherent to FS.

You can get FSUIPC for free, but the registered version adds many features and shows appreciation for the author.

I can say with absolute confidence that it will greatly enhance your simming experience.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Cheers.

Ok, thanks for that advise Ramon maybe I'll check it out. But if I have to do another reinstall for three four days I'll be back releasing all my anger at you :diablo: :P

Ok, thanks for that advise Ramon maybe I'll check it out. But if I have to do another reinstall for three four days I'll be back releasing all my anger at you :diablo: :P

No problem, if anything FSUIPC will prevent a wealth of FSX CTD’s.

Cheers.

I'm looking at Opus, but I'm ready to give up on REX-E weather. There are some things I like about it. It does a nice job on haze, but it still has many of the issues REX had.

So, I don't really want the AS2012 textures. I'm quite happy with the REX textures. But I wonder if I buy ASE, will I be missing out on improvements in the weather engine in AS2012?

Do I have to have FSUIPC for the wind smoothing option? (I assume you are reffering to REX-E)

Have the options ticked but it doesnt work and I do not have FSUIPC

Im a little afraid to add somehting that could mess my FSX up as Ive read some bug reports on FSUIPC, and I recently had a complete reinstall and will not go through that again yet...

I'm been holding off for awhile, It has crossed my mind sometimes to get it..

Also I think that adding a 3party fix to fix some other 3partys features feels a bit strange, why have that option if it doesnt work...

REX Essential has it's own wind smoothing feature, not related to FSUIPC. However, it's not too good at the moment. Hence why you are having difficulty with it.

FSUIPC wind smoothing however, works perfectly.

I'd be astonished you don't already have FSUIPC, as many add-ons require it.

As the others said, Pete Dowson is a legend in the flightsim world. If you want to fix your wind shifts, and benefit from plenty of other features in FSUIPC... get it.

Highly unlikely it will mess up your flight sim. Most simmers have FSUIPC. I wouldn't fly without it.

FSUIPC isn't a third party fix for an REXE issue at all. The crazy wind shifts are an FSX issue, because Aces couldn't be bothered to fix it. Pete Dowson has fixed it for us. And the developers of REXE are doing their best to provide a fix in their product.

REX Essential has it's own wind smoothing feature, not related to FSUIPC. However, it's not too good at the moment. Hence why you are having difficulty with it.

FSUIPC wind smoothing however, works perfectly.

I'd be astonished you don't already have FSUIPC, as many add-ons require it.

As the others said, Pete Dowson is a legend in the flightsim world. If you want to fix your wind shifts, and benefit from plenty of other features in FSUIPC... get it.

Highly unlikely it will mess up your flight sim. Most simmers have FSUIPC. I wouldn't fly without it.

FSUIPC isn't a third party fix for an REXE issue at all. The crazy wind shifts are an FSX issue, because Aces couldn't be bothered to fix it. Pete Dowson has fixed it for us. And the developers of REXE are doing their best to provide a fix in their product.

Thanks for clearing that up :smile:

Have the Katana4X and seen It reccomends FSUIPC to get all the things working as they should. Haven't had time testing it out yet, spent to much time on this forum lately so there haven't been much flying and time to test new things. I discovered that this forum can be just as addictive as simming :rolleyes:

Im sure REXE devs are doing their best to fix their product I'm just a little frustrated by the waiting for the Service Pack.

btw: Have all the saitek panels whould they work with FSUIPC?

If REX don't pull their fingers out soon on the SP1 for Essentials they're going to loose me to Opus.

I, like a lot of others, am loosing patience.

Richard.

If REX don't pull their fingers out soon on the SP1 for Essentials they're going to loose me to Opus.

I, like a lot of others, am loosing patience.

Richard.

Hi there Richard,

What are you waiting for...time to jump ship :lol:

No seriously, I have no regrets about purchasing Opus and highly recommend it, the weather engine really is quite extraordinary:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/380086-opusfsx/page__st__225#entry2468948

I now own both AS 2012, REX Essential and Opus. The support and involvement by Stephen of Opus Software in particular is first rate, they seem totally open to suggestions and implement fixes and features at an astounding tempo... it's all very encouraging.

Cheers,

Jerome

Thanks Jerome, although I have EZdok installed and I wondered if there is a conflict with that aspect of Opus.

I might have a word with Stephen about that.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

Richard.

We are aware of the performance issues with the weather engine and have posted many temporary fixes on our support forum and here on the Avsim Forum.

We have made HUGE advances with the weather engine for Service Pack 1 as well as other new enhancements that are needed for the future release of REX Essential + Overdrive.

We will be detailing these enhancements as well as fixes shortly.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Hi there Reed,

That sounds promising. What kind of time frame as far as detailing the enhancements are we taking about...days...weeks? May we expect SP1 this month...next month?

As many Opus users have reported, the ability to fly in an out of weather, without flying inside some sort of "weather bubble" is what has made Opus FSX really appealing. The current lack of any textures within Opus obviously makes software that does include these more appealing, and cuts down the need to have more than one program for both textures and a weather engine.

While the long load time of REX Essential doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother other users, the current state of the weather engine in REX Essential places it at third place behind Opus and AS 2012 if I had to rank these in any order. The seemingly ever-present haze coupled with the perceived bubble effect of the depicted weather really hurts your product and I sincerely hope that SP1 delivers the much needed miracle to resurrect your product's appeal and immersion level.

I look forward to hearing more about the upcoming enhancements and advances you've made in the SP1 upgrade.

Cheers,

Jerome