Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Embarrassing confession......

Just 2 examples... PMDG, you must program it manually

You can import flight plans on the NGX. And almost evey addon.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

You can import flight plans on the NGX. And almost evey addon.

You most certainly can NOT import from the FSX default planner

Jay

In any case, importing a flight plan won’t teach anybody on how to program a flight plan into a FMS/FMC.

Stan, first follow the tutorials, enter a few flight plans. Then you can save, load or convert/import flight plans.

Cheers

Your right, but you can import from FSBuild and other flight planners. Just as easy and with all the necessary and up to date nav data if you get the latest airacs.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Stan. The way I learned fastest was to go to youtube and do a search for example: 747 FMC tutorial. There is one there by "meloescher" which is 6 parts long, something like an hour long. This really cleared things up for me and made it simple over time.

youtube youtube youtube in addition to reading the manuals

Just 2 examples... PMDG, you must program it manually

Right but you said you MUST program it manually NOT that it couldn't import from the default planner...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

If you want to go the Baby steps route you could try something like the the Feelthere ERJs which allow you to import FSX flight plans directly into the FMS and you can use the FSX default ATC and forget about Stars and Sids until you have more confidence. The ERJs will of course allow you to use the full FMS envelope including STARS and SIDS when you are ready.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

My point was that planes like the QW 757 make it simple to learn because you dont have to go through all those extra steps, Loading a FP directly from FSX makes it very simple to learn, then you can move up later

Jay

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will not go into the year 2013 without being confident in programming this instrument. I will take your suggestions and devote the time necessary to learn this. I have 2 Masters Degrees and own my own business, yet I have not been disciplined enough to learn this process.

You've all given me the confidence to move forward with this.

ps.

How different is the Airbus FMC from the Boeing FMC?

Stan

I typically navigate using RMI, CDI, and HSI. A few years ago I failed to reach my one goal for the year for Flight Simming and that was to take my time learning the FMC first in the Maddog then move on to heavies.

Keith Guillory

Very similar. You learn one the second one will be easier.

Stan,

I do too fly with MS-FSX GPS always. Do I know the FMS Navigation System? Yes. But, I invaribly install the GPS in the panels in any AC with FMS. Why? The GPS is all you really need to fly in FSX. Gets me faster and painlessly into the air. I do not have time for charts and I can't have a good experience without ATC knowing where I'm going. Yes, I know about Radar Something that can replace the MS-FS ATC. EditvoicePack X to the max speed and all is just fun.

That's the beauty with FS's, you play it the way you wanna it. Just have fun, Stan.

Cheers,

Hey Stan,

Standing up in front of the room and admitting you have a problem is the first step!!! We all have our issues here, don't worry :)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Stan. The way I learned fastest was to go to youtube and do a search for example: 747 FMC tutorial. There is one there by "meloescher" which is 6 parts long, something like an hour long. This really cleared things up for me and made it simple over time.

youtube youtube youtube in addition to reading the manuals

I agree youtube videos helps a ton its better to see someone do it in a video then just to read about it then of course you the manual and reference and read that when you have some time.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.