Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

How can you all stand the awkward ATC window?

The ATC window in P3D is a big problem to me. It jerks everything when it "auto-opens" and then it drags the FPS down when open. Does anyone have any ideas about what do? Do we just wait until LM fixes the problem? There's not one mention of it on their website, which I find odd.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Agreed. I have simply accepted it for now. I did see a post somewhere about it and can only assume it will be fixed. But yes, it's a bit of a sore spot in P3D.

thanks,

Greg G

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

There is an option in the P3D menu to switch off the "auto-open" ATC. I have it that way, and it only opens when I want it to. But yes, the ATC window is a pain in the .... and realy needs a fix of some kind.

/Torbjörn

I agree it is a "pain" - BUT, at least v1.4 lets you drag it to the upper left part of screen and "it stays there" - still not transparent and is real hokey in Full Screen Mode. BUT, again, it's better than

opening right in your face when you're on final.

Tom

Add a second monitor for the ATC Window, Plan-G and Active Sky. The ATC window drags directly to the second monitor without needing to be opened and closed.

They are hoping to change to a transparent one in v.2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Add a second monitor for the ATC Window, Plan-G and Active Sky. The ATC window drags directly to the second monitor without needing to be opened and closed.

Well that helped, thanks. I did not know the ATC window could be dragged over!

cheers,

GregG

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I don't stand it and that's why I use ATC in flight rarely :P

Yep, that's what I did. Moved it to a second screen for now.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Does anyone else get "tearing" on the main display when the ATC window is open? This is in Full Screen mode.

I use all the recommended NVInspector settings with VSync set to 1/2 refresh rate

Cheers

Chris

Does anyone else get "tearing" on the main display when the ATC window is open? This is in Full Screen mode.

I use all the recommended NVInspector settings with VSync set to 1/2 refresh rate

Cheers

Chris

I get the tearing and probably so does everybody else. For me it seems that AA goes out the window too. It looks like that when ATC window is opened P3D is actually in windowed mode and thus VSync is killed. Because of this, using ATC may also lead to OOMs as I noticed last evening using A2A 377 CoTS in busy ORBX Portland. Very annoying indeed.

I probably throw in few bucks and go with some 3rd party ATC software to remedy this thing. I've understand that Radar Contact works fine with Prepar3D, but how about PFE? Anyone using it with P3D?

It's a pain but a lot of stuff will be changed in V2. Fortunately, I rarely use ATC.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I use ATC for IFR flights - and because of the tearing of ATC in Full Screen Mode, I use Windowed Mode. Don't like it as I always used Full Screen Mode in FSX. Hopefully v2.0 will fix it???

cthiggin

Well, you can try P3D in Windowed mode, with the same performance as fullscreen, with VSync working, and without the ATC problem.

Try this to hide the title bar:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1793

And this to hide/unhide the Windows taskbar:

http://www.aviassin.com/taskbareliminator

Now, ATC window isn't a problem in P3D B)

Well, you can try P3D in Windowed mode, with the same performance as fullscreen, with VSync working, and without the ATC problem.

Try this to hide the title bar:

http://www.prepar3d....iewtopic&t=1793

And this to hide/unhide the Windows taskbar:

http://www.aviassin....skbareliminator

Now, ATC window isn't a problem in P3D B)

Yes, that is good workaround without any noticable disadvantages (at least I haven't found any). I actually like it, because it is easier in windowed mode to put some backraund music playing and access other programs.

I forgot to post the solution here, so glad you did it!