Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

2 More X-Plane10 Videos: Enjoy!

First is fur' you, jcomm! ^_^ Even as I reluctantly approach the decision that Xplane is likely not for me, I appreciate its potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb8LZPKnS7I&feature=share&list=UU3SQBoDpB44cNsK-L5F-Ijg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thx Devon.

I hope something in the future path of X-Plane10's evolution changes your point of view and ends up making X-Plane a good choice after all...

I can't blame anyone for being reluctant to "take the plunge" (I right this english terms without even knowing very well what I am writing... my english comes from the highschool, looooong ago (early eighties ;-))

It really took me some time to decide to go ahead and buy X-Plane10, not after trying again FSX and even P3D. I also still have and like very much ELITE v8 - it's great when it comes to comparing the parameters / performances / etc of similar aircraft that come with it's Premium edition.

X-Plane10 is not perfect, surely, but it surely has the highest potential, and offers the most as default among the platforms we have at our choice. The problem is that most add-ons are not really exploring it...

Ah! With X-Plane10 too, just as with MS FLIGHT, I finally spend my time "flying" instead of reading the forums for the best tweak, what caused that CTD and how to fix it, or what EULAs will condition my use of the sim, not mentioning the fact that it installs easily over Windows, but can also be ported to Linux or even OSX (for rich guys... not me... here in Portugal they cost a little fortune!!!!)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for posting those vids very inspirational.

I wonder how he got those shots of the 747 flying overhead and "standing" next to the runway; is that the free camera I wonder?

I can't blame anyone for being reluctant to "take the plunge" (I right this english terms without even knowing very well what I am writing... my english comes from the highschool, looooong ago (early eighties ;-))

Off topic, but your "high-school English", has stood you in great stead. I actually thought you were an American living in Portugal. (I hope that is taken in the sense it is meant, that is complimentary).

(I hope that is taken in the sense it is meant, that is complimentary).

It did :-), thank you :-) Donald :-)

Ah! Those hints on the clickspots of the Archer III really brought a new, even better life to it :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Really excellent video's. I would be interested to know just what addons (if any) contributed to what we saw in regards to the quality of resolution and overall very excellent graphics. I was particularly struck by the scenes of highway traffic. The Mack truck looked almost real and the night lighting was very convincing. The topography was well done. Again, were there any addons to accomplish what was visibly a very stunning video?

Thanks

Really excellent video's. I would be interested to know just what addons (if any) contributed to what we saw in regards to the quality of resolution and overall very excellent graphics. I was particularly struck by the scenes of highway traffic. The Mack truck looked almost real and the night lighting was very convincing. The topography was well done. Again, were there any addons to accomplish what was visibly a very stunning video?

Thanks

I would say no. That's just how Xplane10 can look!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks

The white semi truck you saw in the video is a Volvo which is a nice truck (I use to drive trucks)

I would say no. That's just how Xplane10 can look!

Could I replace your word "can" with the word "does"? What I'm getting at here is this. What I just saw in the video's is unmodified, unaltered X-Plane 10. Correct?

Thanks

Could I replace your word "can" with the word "does"? What I'm getting at here is this. What I just saw in the video's is unmodified, unaltered X-Plane 10. Correct?

Thanks

Correct. If anything it was running at slightly lower settings than I myself would normally use when testing it on my own machine. Some planes may be third party.

Devons rig

Got it! Your video's have certainly perked my interest in XP 10. I hope you make more to illustrate further the potential of this sim.

Thanks

Got it! Your video's have certainly perked my interest in XP 10. I hope you make more to illustrate further the potential of this sim.

Thanks

Not mine, they are from YouTube and Redpiper1, one of my favorite creators when looking for Xplane videos.

Devons rig