Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyingAxx

Question regarding minimum runway lenght being listed in FMC

Hello all,

In order to dig out an other issue with FMC data I started today a data analysis via Excel and found out by chance that there is a tremendoes amount of runways (2626) that are shorter than 3000 ft being included in the originally delivered NGX navdata. I checked a few of those fields and found quite some with grass surfaces or even "gravel in poor condition" (runway lenght 950 ft, P2Z3, Eva Creek).

Ok, I know that there is e.g. the PMDG Jetstream 4100 using the same data that might land in more remote areas but even this bird would not be satisfied with such fields. I can remember that it was possible to blend out all runway lengths shorter than 3600 ft. I think the B744 has such a feature. I'm missing such a function here (or I did not find it).

My question: Are in reality those airports included in a FMC? I thought, but this might be wrong, that the content would be restricted to those fields where a specific type of airliner is able to land in case of emergency in one piece. If there is such a restriction I would be very much interested to learn more about this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!