Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Problem at KSJC FSX by Imagine Sim

Guys, I bought KSJC some time ago and found this airport hardly playable because of the following problems:

fsx2012-08-2802-26-15-71.jpg

Also, when I start my flight at KSJC the scenery seems ok, except for the above, but if I fly from somewhere else into KSJC this is what I get:

fsx2012-08-3001-10-39-32.jpg

fsx2012-08-3001-10-41-80.jpg

fsx2012-08-3001-11-35-23.jpg

fsx2012-08-3001-14-43-19.jpg

If I change my view and look from above the textures look ok:

fsx2012-08-3001-14-34-20.jpg

As I mentioned, when I start my flight at KSJC the textures are ok:

fsx2012-09-0820-19-18-08.jpg

I don't know if it can be related but I checked the airport elevation with AFX and ADE, the stock APX15180.bgl shows 18.9 meters and afcad_ksjc.bgl by Imagine sim shows 17.68 meters.

I had this problem without underlying MegaScenery Earth block CA-009 first, than I installed it under KSJC and found the same anomalities.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Also, for what it matters, my Scenery settings are as follows:

Mesh complexity: 91

Mesh resolution: 10m

Texture resolution: 1m

Have you made sure that it is at the top of the library?

Also, have you downloaded the latest updates from ImagineSim?

It should fix the bumping on the first screenshot. Let's see if it fixes the bleed through textures of the underlying scenery.

Thanks, Ben!

Dirk.

Is that airport any good, I was thinking about getting it, do the jetways move with AES?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have several ImagineSim Airports and I can tell you that 2 of them work correctly. KATL (I have version 1) and KCVG. If you do a search on the site you will see how they have repeatedly produced "broken" scenery.

Not a fan...been waiting over 2 years for fixes to the ones I have. Won't spend another dime with them until they fix what they have. Too bad really because they have many airports that I want to fly at and would buy.

Jim Atkins

Unfortunately the latest update does not cure the elevation / underlying textures problem. I'm waiting for the next communication from ImaineSim in a few days.

Cheers,

Dirk.

I used the pro version of ADE to raise the elevation of the entire field 1m and that fixed it for me.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Scott, I have the pro version too. I open Tools and pick Change Airport Altitude in the menu. The default shows 17.68m. Please share how many meters (or feet) you put in there. Also, what did you do next? Did you just compile the Airport bgl? If it were the default airport I'd drop KSJC_ADEX_IP in Scenery\World\Scenery folder, but what to do for an add-on airport? Is there anything else needed to change or add?

Thanks,

Dirk.

By any chance, are you using My Traffic?

No, I do not.

Dirk.

what is your mesh resolution set at ??

Mesh is set to 5m, can it be a problem?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Some scenery needs a high mesh resolution set but you setting is fine. Too low can cause issues where the scenery needs it to be set higher. I dont know what to tell you to do and I hater to tell you this but dont expect ANY help from the ImagineSim team..... :(

Jim Wenham

I'm having the same problem with Fly-Tampa Boston scenery. The altitude was set to 0 ft. It should be at 20. I will give this a try.

I'm having the same problem with Fly-Tampa Boston scenery. The altitude was set to 0 ft. It should be at 20. I will give this a try

Leave Boston alone. It was set where it was for a reason. Read the Manual and it tells you why.

Imaginesim just released updates for KSLC, KCLT, and KIAD that appear to have fixed these sorts of problems in FSX. Updates are on their website.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case