Sign in to follow this  
rcpistonhead

**MCP & FMC quetions...?**

I have owned my 737NGX for a few months now and absolutely love it with over 200 hours logged behined the stick already! I just have a couple of questions regarding the operation of the MCP and the FMC: 1: How do you update the nav data in the FMC? 2: How do you get the glide slope data to be displayed on the map? I have seen this done in many videos as well as real life... on the appoach I should be able to display a picture of the glide slope and terrain on the bottom of the map display but I can't figure this out. Any help would be great!

Thanks and happy flying!

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

1. Download the new navdata base from www.navigraph.com.

2. There is no Glideslope Data displayed on the MAP display set the Mode Control knob of the EFIS control panel to APP then the approach display will show on the ND, the approach display will show the Localizer and Glideslope Deviation.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

2: How do you get the glide slope data to be displayed on the map?

I think you mean vertical situation display. It doesn't show glide slope, but glide path, calculated by FMC and waypoints with altitude restrictions.

To turn it on check that VSD is turned on in PMDG options in FMC and double click on CTR button on EFIS control panel.

Push the CENTER button twice on the EFIS control panel to get the profile view. That might be what you're looking for.

Matt Cee

Thanks for all of your respones! I am about to load a flight and I will give this a try. Also...once I download the new nav data... how do I install it into the PMDG FMC?

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

You just run the appropriate navdata installer after you buy the cycle from navigraph. The installer is available from navigraphs site

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I think you mean vertical situation display. It doesn't show glide slope, but glide path, calculated by FMC and waypoints with altitude restrictions.

To turn it on check that VSD is turned on in PMDG options in FMC and double click on CTR button on EFIS control panel.

Thank you Rostyslav. I did not have VSD turned on for that particular tail number. That is exactly what I was trying to do.

Push the CENTER button twice on the EFIS control panel to get the profile view. That might be what you're looking for.

Thank you Matt. Exactly what I was looking for.

1. Download the new navdata base from www.navigraph.com.

2. There is no Glideslope Data displayed on the MAP display set the Mode Control knob of the EFIS control panel to APP then the approach display will show on the ND, the approach display will show the Localizer and Glideslope Deviation.

Thank you Mark. I now have an updated FMC nav database.

You just run the appropriate navdata installer after you buy the cycle from navigraph. The installer is available from navigraphs site

Thank you!

Ben Weaver

SWA8485