Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

Michael Greenblatt - FS has lost an Icon....

So sorry to hear about this. Michael helped a lot of simmers in our hobby. Rest in peace, Michael. And condolences to your family.

John

I can't believe this news, so sad to hear.

I first talked to Michael back in April '08 and he helped me put together a rig and did the config for FSX for me that I am still running today. I had heard of him and his service from people on this forum and thought I would give it a shot. After spending a day and a few conversations with him he got me up and running and am still using the same rig and original install of FSX after all these years trouble free. I was really happy with all the stuff he taught me about FSX and its workings and he was well worth the small fee I paid him at the time considering what he gave me.

Although I didn't talk to him much, I will miss his dry sense of humor as someone else said. I remember the day we did my setup I thought he was kind of grumpy, but by the time we were finished he was laughing and we got along just fine. I never did join him with his other buddies flying online since it wasn't really my thing, but I know that he really treasured it and everything sim related. He really loved simming and everything that went with it, probably more than anyone else I have ever met. He was probably involved with it in some fashion from the time he got up in the morning until he went to bed.

Just recently I was thinking of calling him to talk about a new computer upgrade since it's been so long and I am a few CPU cycles behind. For some reason I kept putting off calling him and I had no idea that he was even sick. In hind sight I wish I had called him a few weeks ago when I was thinking of it and now that he's gone I regret it since I never got to speak to him before his passing.

I am not surprised that he passed away at his desk with the airplane sitting on the runway ready for take off. He was literally doing what he loved most at his time of passing and was #1 on the runway for his last epic flight into heaven. He will greatly be missed for what he has given to all his friends and clients. My condolences for his family and their loss.

RIP Michael Greenblatt

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

RIP Michael.....

I am greatfull that I knew you

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Very sad news and a very sad loss. Smooth skies to you, Michael.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

This is a great loss for the Flight Sim Community.

I met Michael 2 years ago now. I was transitioning from another online community that had closed it's doors. Jay got me pointed in the right direction, and Michael 'fixed' my installation... What started as a gruff, introduction when he saw my desktop, turned into a friendship as I stopped fussing with his changes and just went with it. When we were finished setting up my computer, my world of FSX changed dramatically. A few upgrades later, and overclocking my new system 125% it was running rock solid. My FSX exerience was better than ever before.

I will miss the flights with Michael and the friendly banter between the group of us who flew almost every day. It has been about a year since the last time I was able to fly with the group, and it will seem that much more empty when I am able to get back to flying more regularly.

RIP Michael. Fair skys and smooth landings.

My condolences to Mike's family and his many friends in the AVSIM Community. His passing is a real loss to the flight simulation hobby.

Kind regards,

Rest In Peace Mr Greenblatt. You were Obviously a Highly Regarded and Respected Man. Deepest Sympathy to his Family And Friends for their Sad Loss.

I'm very sad to hear this icon of our community has gone from our presence. He will be greatly missed. His passing runs a chill through me since I have stage 4 cancer myself. Our generation of flight simmers have paved the way for our community and helped to bring this hobby to the pinnacle it enjoys today - more professional, so much closer to actual flying, and for all of us so much more enjoyable.

I send my condolences to Michael's family and hope God will bring them the strength to deal with his loss. Perhaps where he has gone, flight simming is as real as it gets.

Frank Bass

Sad to hear the passing of Mike. Personally, I learned a lot thru his advices, experiences and extensive knownledge in MSFS and the computer world.

He was a unique character. We indeed lost a FS icon and a friend. RIP Mike.

Serious lost of FS community. My deeply condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace.

Michael will truly be missed. What a great guy, who loved this hobby, and helped so many of us achieve enjoyment with it. Rest in peace Michael!

John