Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

Michael Greenblatt - FS has lost an Icon....

I've been away on holidays and only by sheer chance I happened to navigate and scroll down the front page of AVSIM to read the terrible news.

I am in complete shock and am just as saddened as the rest of you over his passing. We spoke on several occasions over the last eight years and I will miss him. We were planning on meeting last January but Michael was unable to meet due to his vehicle being in for air conditioner service and I am sad that I never got to meet him in person.

His wife Denise and the family will be in my prayers.

Rest in peace pal.

\Robert Hamlich/

It makes me very sad to have lost my friend. I'm glad to have known him and spent so much time with him over

the last couple of years.

With his passion for flight simming and his extensive knowledge about computers and software it was a joy

to fly with him, be it landing airliners in the most beautiful areas of the world or exploring the australian

bush in a small plane with only an idea of where to go next.

I will miss our flights and our talks about music, family, life.

Michael, you were a great friend and you left us way too early.

Malte

A big loss for our small (but close) FS community. Thoughts go out to his family.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Dear Community:

Wow. Michael spent so much time making my life so much better. How could he possibly have found the time to do the same for all of you!

Being too old to be computer savvy, I floundered with FS for many, many years before a software developer in Vancouver, BC (first name was Jon) suggested I call Michael. Michael took me under his "wing", and transformed my FS experience. Like so many of you he became my "CrossLoop" buddy, bailing me out time after time from self-inflicted problems. I just bought what he said, let him install it, and loved every minute of it. I have a good friend who flys left seat on Alaska's 737's, and he is always amazed at Michael's creation (we called it the MGFSC for Michael Greenblatt Flight Simulation Computer). It's 3 years old and I have lost my overclocking, but it still runs smoothly and the scenery is killer. Nothing like taking off at dusk on a party cloudy day in Monterey!

I can only acknowledge all your stories of Michael. Yes we also talked politics and the many facets of his full like, from jazz to family to war. He was completely unique, completely dedicated, and completely a lover, if you just gave him the chance to know you. I find myself flying less now because it's not the same without having him around to save my sorry butt after I have crashed the FSX config file.

You are all so elequent in your wishes for his coming flights in that great computer in the sky. May I just add that souls like Michael's are in demand by the powers at be, and that is why we lost him at such an early age, for The Lord needed him for another Angel. I will miss Michael's yelling "Stewarttttttttttttttttttt" in my headphones. I will never forget him.

Stewart S. Leber

Foster City, California

StewartSky@aol.com

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

We mourn the loss of a great man and I understand how you all feel, I will miss him but he is with me everytime I fly my simulator because it's amazing thanks to him.

I heard those that were skeptics to the 'service' and I duly ignored them. I met Michael in a desperate FSX state, I was on the verge of quitting this hobby until Oral Barkay (Revolution Sim products) 'TOLD' me to contact Michael. This was the best thing I ever did for my hobby.

I have spent thousands (yes thousands - well into double figures) of pounds on Promises of service (by people that believe they know what they are talking about AND DON'T!), hardware and software AND 120 dollars on a service that transformed my sim experience into one I never believed was possible.

Michael was my consultant and more importantly became a good friend - now there is a gaping whole in my life that I will fill with good memories of the experiences Michael has made possible through my BRILLIANT simulator.

THANK YOU MICHAEL.

Andrew, Martina, Simeon and Joseph x

I started working with Michael a year ago and he completely overhauled my fsx experience for the better. He talked me through building a pc all by phone then walked me through the software install including tons of scenery and my system has been working great ever since. Last spring we converted from Intel cache drive to Dataplex (which works great) and had an ph appt scheduled to install cloning software...but for the first time, he didn't answer his phone. Days later a family member picked up and gave me the news. I spoke with him once in the hospital and once at home but knew he had a challenge. Though I never met him in person I considered him a friend. He will be missed!

Was just wondering how I dont see Michael on msn anymore , Then sadly I faced this sad news about his death. First of all my condolence goes out to his family , friends and other clients that knew him. Secondly , with all of Michael greatness and accomplishments in the fs world , Micheal will be missed more for his patient personality , charisma , caring for others, and most of all his love and knowledge of what he enjoy doing. If you have a problem with your flight sim michael is their to help and never gives up until he finds the solution.My flight sim never runs its best until I became michael client ; thanks to cmpbellsjc for referring me to him. He never likes to be called Sir but he deserve the respect.Michael gave the best to each and every one of his clients and the fs community. RIP MICHAEL

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Was just wondering how I dont see Michael on msn anymore , Then sadly I faced this sad news about his death. First of all my condolence goes out to his family , friends and other clients that knew him. Secondly , with all of Michael greatness and accomplishments in the fs world , Micheal will be missed more for his patient personality , charisma , caring for others, and most of all his love and knowledge of what he enjoy doing. If you have a problem with your flight sim michael is their to help and never gives up until he finds the solution.My flight sim never runs its best until I became michael client ; thanks to cmpbellsjc for referring me to him. He never likes to be called Sir but he deserve the respect.Michael gave the best to each and every one of his clients and the fs community. RIP MICHAEL

Glad to see your still around and enjoying FSX :-)

It was my pleasure to refer you to Michael and I am glad you had the privilege to work with and talk with him before his early passing. I'd been meaning to talk to him for a while before his passing about my next upgrade for a new rig, but kept putting it off until I was closer to buying the parts. It was just a few days before I was finally going to pick up the phone and give him a call that I learned he had passed away. I was really shocked to hear the news and it he has been on my mind pretty much every day since he passed. I didn't have any idea that he was battling cancer, but I did know from prior conversations that he was a smoker and then once when I talked to him he said he had quit.

There have been some nice things written about him here. He will certainly be missed.

Yes, here is Michael's page on indiegogo:

http://www.indiegogo...projects/189092 and here are more pics in the gallery http://www.indiegogo...89092?c=gallery

I found these a while back. Funny that I always had a mental picture of what he might look like and it turns out I was pretty close in my mind. For some reason I pictured him being a little shorter and maybe with a little less hair, lol.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I started this thread to inform others of Mikes passing but up until now I couldn't come back to it because not enough time had passed for me to be able to express my personal feelings.

Mike and I were more than just friends, we were closer than brothers, and there is not a day that goes by I don't think of him and miss him. We both worked online so we had plenty of free time to fly together, almost every day. If we didn't fly we at least chatted on teamspeak.

Mike loved anything that flew, and the people that flew them. He had 2 computers setup with FS, one for civilain and one for just military planes. He was the best customer FS developers had, and most never knew it. He bought almost every plane, helicopter, scenery, and all other addons for FS, because, and I quote..."My customers buy them and I need to know them". On his civilian machine alone he has more than 6000 planes. If a addon, regardless of what it was, improved FS, and he was impressed with it, he would notify all his clients and sales of that particular product would immediatly increase.

I have never known anyone who had the patience Mike had. He would never give up on a clients problem and would always sacrafice his flying time for anyone having an issue. When we were flying it was just a matter of time before we heard..... "Back in a few minutes, got a client with a problem"....and he might be off TS for a few minutes or an hour. It didn't matter how long it took, if someone had a issue, Mike gave it his all to fix it.

We flew with a small group of people using multiplayer, some would fly only a few months with us and then moved on, others are still here to this day. I can't begin to explain the fun we had together, you had to be there to hear the chatter and watch the flying. This wasn't a 'as real as it get's' thing, it was just a group of people who loved flying and enjoyed each others company, and Mike was the catalist that brought us together, every single one was a client of his initially.

In losing Mike, we lost not only a friend, we lost much much more. The only consolation is that we know he is looking down watching over his group, and enjoying his eternal flight now. FS, and my life, will never be the same without him, but we will honor his memory in every way possible. Rest in peace my brother, you will forever be in my thoughts.

Jay

Unfortunately I somehow missed this post...I am very very sad to hear this. He was a great person and spoke to him for many hours and helped me immensely. Rest in Peace Mike and thanks for everything.

Mike and I were more than just friends, we were closer than brothers, and there is not a day that goes by I don't think of him and miss him.

A fitting tribute from a loved one. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

Just learned the terrible news of Michael's passing by my dear friend and brother Stephen Wilcox. I spoke with Michael this summer and he told me about how sick he was however he told me that he was in remission.

I am deeply shock and upset about this.

My deepest sympathy to the family and FS world.

Al Boulianne

Wow I never knew Mike and wished I had. What an excellent post and thread! Im moved by your experiences and heart in what you do and hold dear. Thank you by the way for sharing and being candid here.

This really is an awesome hobby we all share.

Respectfully,

Jet