Sign in to follow this  
ap1

When will the X-Plane 10 64 bit be out? And does that mean that I can't use X-Plane 10 on a 64 bit yet? Thanks!

Do you guys know when the 64 bit of XPX will be out? And since there's no 64 bit right now, does that mean I can't use XPX on a 64 bit? Thanks!

You can use X-Plane on a 64 bit machine now, runs just fine on my Windows 7 64 bit now. Makes no difference to FPS or quality whether 32 bit or 64 bit. To the sim it is all the same. We are expecting better performance when X-Plane is optimized for 64 bit, however that remains to be seen. :smile: If anyone knows when 64 bit will be released they aren't saying now, it is thought it will be in 10.20, but when remains unknown.

XPX 64bit is expected with Version 10.20. There is no EDA for this yet.

You can certainly run the current version on a 64bit operating system.

I am running X-Plane 10.10RC1 on Windows 7 64bit.

Of course, the 64 bit version, when it arrives, will only run on a 64 bit OS... I wonder if from 10.20 on there will be two branches, one "legacy" for 32bit OSs and the new 64bit one (?)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ben Supnik stated recently that there will be both, 32-bit and 64-bit versions (upgrade for free).

I expect the first 10.20 beta rather soon since they have been working on the 64bit conversion for quite a while and linux and windows versions were nearly completed a few weeks ago. I think it will depend mainly on how well the 10.10RC1 does and how soon they can finalize 10.10.

Flo

I can't wait for 10.2, but right now it works very well on my system.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

What would be the benefits of the 64 bit X Plane? I am interested in flying helicopters with it.

Who knows for sure but usually more can be done. There are a few features that we have been told not until things are 64 bit. Features that by themselves should not require 64 bit to function or even work well. Ob the while all these features add up and use memory so xplane could already be on the edge and need the extra ram to unleash all the additional bits and pieces.

DCS is a good example, when 64 bit came everything was smoother and more reliable.

64 bit allows the developers to keep more different autogen objekts, terrain textures etc. in the ram (if your system has more than 3GB). It will thus allow to increase the level of detail, the view distance, the cloud coverage e.g. But of course all of that needs to be rendered and won't be a free lunch. Depending on your system this could mean lower FPS as well.

Flo

64 bit allows the developers to keep more different autogen objekts, terrain textures etc. in the ram (if your system has more than 3GB). It will thus allow to increase the level of detail, the view distance, the cloud coverage e.g. But of course all of that needs to be rendered and won't be a free lunch. Depending on your system this could mean lower FPS as well.

Flo

So if you load your computer with a lot of fast ram, could the sim access it from such? If so would the sim run faster not having to rely on grabbing stuff from the hard drive? 64bits appears to have some benefits.

If so would the sim run faster not having to rely on grabbing stuff from the hard drive? 64bits appears to have some benefits.

Not necessarily faster but at the moment the simulator can not use more than 3-4 GB. A single object more and it crashes. And they reach this limit at the moment.