Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

OMG - Autogen works with photoreal scenery

This may be old news to some but I just threw in some hi-res 30cm photreal scenery I made to see how she looked and to my pleasant surprise, I had the default autogen placed right on top. Not possible in FSX without making custom autogen. This is a huge timesaver. Think of products like Sim-Savvy who have the entire U.S. but is flat as a pancake. Not anymore. Nice surprise. Must keep exploring.

Also, a nice article on P3D in the current issue of PC Pilot.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Nice work.

And I am a big fan of PC Pilot - even if it is responsible for my every decreasing bank balance! :huh:

That's sounds pretty good, would be interested in hearing more opinions on how it blends together visually.

Rob Prest

Clutch, did you do something special setup for that? I also use a self-made HQ photoscenery, but I do net get any autogen objects on the top of my scenery. Kinda wierd, isn't it :)

OK so I don't see any autogen either with some Simsavy scenery. ?

thanks,

GregG

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I have lots of photoreal sceneries (FranceVFR, some handmade Italy, and others) and none of this appear with default autogen.

Someone has it's own Texture folder with it's own autogen.

So, if the scenery you tested is working for you, please can you check in the texture folder of that scenery?

Does it contains .agn files?

Does it contains some other stuff (maybe some .cfg file or some pointers to... ??)

If we can understand why it works and others not maybe we can replicate the good behaviour on our sceneries too (really wish it... :-))

I have had lots of photo-real scenery but never Autogen. I wonder if some "normal" pieces of texture are at a higher priority and show their Autogen. A careful examination would reveal that quite quickly. Or, just place the folder with the photo stuff at the top of the scenery manger's list and I bet the autogen goes away.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

No, I haven't disappeared, ha!

Yea, I see it in parts of Las Vegas and Southern California. I don't have a rhyme or reason why I am seeing this. I am still too new to P3D. Here's some shots of Las Vegas: true the hotels are either Library or custom models but look at the forground. I didn't put those buildings there on top of my textures. 2nd shot is looking the opposite direction.

Then here's what I am seeing in San Diego - one is just before RWY 27.

Here's another strange one. I bought the new Aerosoft USCities X - Los Angeles. It has it's own photoreal textures and they did not include night textures. When I fly at night my MegaScenery night textures show through. And they have a lower set priority?

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

Wow! That looks incredible! Your photoscenery looks very hi res, what resolution is it Clutch?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Resolution is 30cm. I was working on a new San Diego KSAN for FSX (Oooops, guess that would be for P3D now, ha!). Screwed up my arm so this has been on the back-burner for months. Las Vegas is my "testing ground" where I kit-bash different sceneries into one.

FWIW, I've had underlying autogen show up on single-LOD photo work. There is generally no matching of the autogen objects to what the photo shows.

Megascenery Las Vegas and Socal do have some autogen in them from the get go, there are agn files included.

Las Vegas is not autogen, it is part of the default scenery, Cities\LasVegas.