Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed Martin Issues Statement

Let's hope AVSIM asks and keeps asking until it gets an answer "which EULA permits P3D to be used by individuals for personal/consumer entertainment ?"

How about if I use it but do not enjoy it and am not entertained? Absolutely NO FRIGGIN WAY that any legal entity can make that determination. Think about it. Do you really believe that someone could take someone to court claiminig that they broke a law because they ENJOYED something. Has everyone lost their marbles?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

regarding their "statement" - I see it as SSDD - other than the weaponizing reference.

But just to cover my backside, let me publicly state that I get absolutely NO personal entertainment from using P3D.

Vic

• We should STOP asking LM to say things they are not allowed to.

• They give us a wide variety of ways to get it.
    Just play the game with them their way.

How long that wil go without problems depends on MIcrosoft.
    Personally I do not expect any action from that side .
  • Thats guessing I realise , the rest is cristal clear.

FINALLY! Someone who gets it. We are dealing with legalese words here, not reality. As long as LM maintains their stance, they are in compliance with the MS agreement. The difference between "can be used" and "must be used" is monumental in legalese.

I agree with another poster - I am beginning to find this humorous.

Vic

+1000

I intend to enjoy.......

wouldn't that be considered "entertainment"?

Sorry, I just HAD to say that. I agree totally with Tom re ambiguity being a valid business model.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

How about if I use it but do not enjoy it and am not entertained? Absolutely NO FRIGGIN WAY that any legal entity can make that determination. Think about it. Do you really believe that someone could take someone to court claiminig that they broke a law because they ENJOYED something. Has everyone lost their marbles?

Vic

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

It never ceases to amaze me how a segment of this community can so whip themselves into a frenzy, causing themselves and many others, needless stress. We disallowed the discussions on EULAs and the MS - LM license before because there were arm chair lawyers coming out of every crevice and bolt hole imaginable, armed with more opinions and "guesses" than limbs and orifices. Here we go again, apparently. Folks, ambiguity is a legitimate business strategy. Adopt it. Accept it. Move on and enjoy!

Amen to this.

Do you really believe that someone could take someone to court claiminig that they broke a law because they ENJOYED something. Has everyone lost their marbles?

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

It never ceases to amaze me how a segment of this community can so whip themselves into a frenzy, causing themselves and many others, needless stress. We disallowed the discussions on EULAs and the MS - LM license before because there were arm chair lawyers coming out of every crevice and bolt hole imaginable, armed with more opinions and "guesses" than limbs and orifices. Here we go again, apparently. Folks, ambiguity is a legitimate business strategy. Adopt it. Accept it. Move on and enjoy!

Thank you for that statement Tom!! I have been reading these opinions and thinking about it all morning. My first reaction was also Look out the sky is falling!! LOL! After giving it some thought, I believe once again we are being our own worst enemy. I know that I learn things everyday from using the Simulator. I also know that many of us hate being treated and called "gamers". Here is the key to the whole thing. FSX is a game and Prepar3d is a simulator. Simulators are built as a learning tool. If you take a 737 passenger plane and add hard points and bomb racks on it, then you have a bomber!! For us it is that easy.....There is no Lawyer or company who can know or prove that you intent is not to learn from a simulator so long as your intent is to educate yourself. LM did state clearly that that learning experience does not have to be in a class room. As Tom said...."Accept it. Move on and enjoy!" Just the opinion of one new Flight Simulator Student!!!!! Former President Bill Clinton said it best "It all depends on what you definition of "is" is.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Precisely.. I had Prepar3D running on one monitor and reading this thread on another monitor while drinking coffee and eating a cinnamon bun and just shaking my head wondering why this matters to people so deeply.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

What's really amusing is that most if not all people, don't even RTFM when purchasing any software or addon, yet they want to make us believe they sit down, read, analyze and evaluate an EULA in order to comply with it. LMAO

Yea right...

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

What's really amusing is that most if not all people' date=' don't even RTFM when purchasing any software or addon, yet they want to make us believe they sit down, read, analyze and evaluate an EULA in order to comply with it. LMAO

Yea right...[/quote']

You are so right...

Banner_MJC9.png

Today is the most beautiful day of my life...

I do quite a lot of telecommunication contracts, and you would be amazed how rarely people read contracts - maybe 1/100? And those are quite serious things compared to buying a flight simulator addon! :lol:

Even when you do read them, without council present, I look like this when finished. :crazy: :Silly: :Monkey:

Almost seems like because some folks are sad/mad that certain high-level 3rd party developers wont produce for it, that they want to make sure that everyone else that couldnt care less is miserable too, and refuses to use it. Well I'm here to tell ya, folks will use it as long as it's good value for money regardless of the EULA. I'm willing to bet that the same folks crying about the EULA issue are some of the same that wont hesitate to copy a CD and give it to a friend, etc.

ambiguity is a legitimate business strategy

But not very helpful to anyone considering a long-term investment in P3d etc.

ambiguity is a legitimate business strategy. Adopt it. Accept it. Move on and enjoy!

Tom, I think you should pin this at the top of the Prepar3D forum. Looking forward to reading the upcoming P3D team interview !

But not very helpful to anyone considering a long-term investment in P3d etc.

Please name me an addon that is P3D only ? (except the estonian migrator of course). Your investments are safe, at least till V2.0

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

I am so glad that AVSIM has taken a position on this.

I would also be very glad if the others who don't use it but take satisfaction from telling us we cant use it take a back seat. There are many other forums for you to post productive things about the sims you do care about.