Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed Martin Issues Statement

I don't much care about the EULA for it's own sake (I never usually read them and I dislike litigation in general). Personally, I just want to know that if I adopt this software that I'm not going to be in for any nasty surprises one day i.e. I go to activate my license after a reinstall only to be told that it is invalid and no longer supported as the Academic license has been withdrawn until further notice. This EULA ensures that such a course of action can be easily undertaken at LM's discretion should they deem it necessary and it would seem PMDG share this concern.

In simple terms, I want to be sure I won't have the rug pulled out from under my feet =).

No one will give you that gaurantee. Certainly not microsoft either, not even PMDG.

No one will tell you they will be in business in two years doing this.

Everything is a bit of a risk, thankfully we are not talking about our lives or life savings.

I will start to worry about P3D after he become 64bit or P3D receive some great stability boost. Untill (if) that happens, i have a very stable FSX with PMDG and all important developers...

No one will give you that gaurantee. Certainly not microsoft either, not even PMDG.

No one will tell you they will be in business in two years doing this.

Everything is a bit of a risk, thankfully we are not talking about our lives or life savings.

I'm not looking for a guarantee about whether or not they will be in business, just a guarantee that I will continue to have access to the software. Although, I suppose we don't even have that with FSX technically.

I dont own any pmdg stuff and I know a lot of serious guys who dont either. We are just not in to the heavies. I dont think pmdg on their own will dictate what sim is successful or not.

Amen!

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I'm not looking for a guarantee about whether or not they will be in business, just a guarantee that I will continue to have access to the software. Although, I suppose we don't even have that with FSX technically.

You don't have such insurance nowhere in life. Why would software be any different? You can lose a job, house, wife, kids, even your freedom, why would a software developer be obligated to make sure that you don't lose a $50 software.

You don't have such insurance nowhere in life. Why would software be any different? You can lose a job, house, wife, kids, even your freedom, why would a software developer be obligated to make sure that you don't lose a $50 software.

This. Some people really need a reality check...

What do you mean? Just sayin that there are no guarantees in life (isn't that a general saying?).

This. Some people really need a reality check...

Or perhaps I just need to talk to people to see other viewpoints and develop another perspective? There isn't any need to get condescending.

Whatever they feel obligated to do, I will always feel obligated to want to have a good chance at protecting my investment in addons and setup. I don't know why that is so hard to understand, unless maybe you are made of money and thus the prospect of losing your ability to access the software doesn't phase you as much? It is a frustrating situation. Regardless, I will inevitably shift to P3D when it makes sense to do so despite these technicalities even though it doesn't sit quite right with me. Right now I don't think it offers much of an advantage over FSX anyhow although I believe it is only a matter of time until it does.

Nah, I am not made of money, I just don't break my head with such thoughts. I will break my head when thinking how to pay off the €35,000 and the subsequential €120,000 for the house, or about €550 that my car repair has costed. Here I pay €17 per month for law-insurance, so that noone can give me any bollocks when it comes to the correct stuff, but I really won't start breaking my head about $50 being it around a piece of software. So, no, it doesn't phase me at all. I use it, enjoy it... if they pull it, I will still live my life and enjoy my life, not a little bit less.

There are much bigger things in life. If I were phased by everything that comes my way, omg.

Obsession seems to drive some people who cannot stand a world that does not conform to their ideal. They continue to attempt to form the P3D product into what THEY believe it should be. As a result they are just annoying noise.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Whatever they feel obligated to do, I will always feel obligated to want to have a good chance at protecting my investment in addons and setup. I don't know why that is so hard to understand, unless maybe you are made of money and thus the prospect of losing your ability to access the software doesn't phase you as much? It is a frustrating situation. Regardless, I will inevitably shift to P3D when it makes sense to do so despite these technicalities even though it doesn't sit quite right with me. Right now I don't think it offers much of an advantage over FSX anyhow although I believe it is only a matter of time until it does.

Kannwar

Could you be more specific concerning your eventual investments in addons and setup specifically for P3D? Except for the estonian migrator, every single addon licenced for P3D I know of also works in FSX and this is not likely to change until V2 sometime in 2013.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Kannwar

Could you be more specific concerning your eventual investments in addons and setup specifically for P3D? Except for the estonian migrator, every single addon licenced for P3D I know of also works in FSX and this is not likely to change until V2 sometime in 2013.

Yea true I'm thinking more long-term. Eventually P3D will evolve enough that backward compatibility with FSX may not be possible. I'm not saying it's a rational stance, I'm simply thinking it through.

PMDG's investment in P3D is obviously safe - it hasn't made one, and seems unlikely that it will. Until developers like PMDG are prepared to develop for P3D it's unlikely that P3D can be a serious alternative to FSX - that's not what we all want surely?

:huh: ....er this may come as a huge shock for you. You may need to sit down before reading it. Are you ready?

Quite a lot of us don't own ANYTHING by PMDG.

Sorry to break that to you but there are actually a world of add-ons out there not by PMDG.

Hope this hasn't upset you too much.

:LMAO: :LMAO:

Geoff

Geoff Brown