Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed Martin Issues Statement

pretty sure he agrees with you Word Not Allowed, as do I :)

Yes, I do agree.

That is at least what I meant. :blink:

Word Not Allowed isn't the one lacking reality check :LMAO:

A bit far fetched, if you ask me.

Translated, this means: everyone who has a problem with the EULA or will go "around" it (using the doors that have been openly shown), is a pirate. Cool.

True, that is a bit far fetched.

He would have done better suggesting that people who would hold others to a standard often don't hold themselves to the same standard all the time. This I am sure is true.

Really?

Jason, your interpretation is exactly what I meant to convey- nothing more and nothing less. I just didnt put it as eloquently as you did! My point was made better by Jason and I appreciate that effort that you put into replying. I absolutely did not mean to imply that those going around the EULA are pirates in any form or fashion because that would be contrary to what my point is; that is, sometime folks get so upset about holding other's to a high moral standard yet think nothing of doing another thing that could/would be equally immoral (like burning a CD for a friend). That's all that was meant to say. I apologize that it didn't come out as well as Jason put it.

I bought FS2004 years after FSX had been released. I'd spent my simming time on Train Sims, having decided that FS98, my only previous version was not for me. I bought FS2004 as a budget title to see how well things had progressed since FS98. Old hands need no explanation as to why I was impressed. Getting into that Sim I was aware that FSX was a development and vaguely aware that many felt that it had "issues". When Aces was closed it coincided with a special offer on FSX so I bought it anyway.

Finding that it ran well on my machine and had features that I preferred to FS2004 I started building up FSX add-ons. Several hundred pounds later I'm happy with what I have but interested in P3D because of it's backward compatability with FSX add-ons.

However I still have FS2004 installed. If I get P3D I will keep FSX. If you have add-ons that P3D won't support then keep using them in FSX. You can still use P3D for compatible add-ons.

The only limit on Sims is disc space to install them on, and that's never been cheaper. You can only fly one aircraft in one sim at any one time!

Why have I just stated the obvious? Well reading some of the posts I felt a few folk needed reminding of it.

Geoff Brown

However I still have FS2004 installed. If I get P3D I will keep FSX. If you have add-ons that P3D won't support then keep using them in FSX. You can still use P3D for compatible add-ons.

The only limit on Sims is disc space to install them on, and that's never been cheaper. You can only fly one aircraft in one sim at any one time!

Why have I just stated the obvious? Well reading some of the posts I felt a few folk needed reminding of it.

:wink:

A bit far fetched, if you ask me.

Translated, this means: everyone who has a problem with the EULA or will go "around" it (using the doors that have been openly shown), is a pirate. Cool.

Who wrote the no cd patches then? That was an inside job if ever there was in my opinion!

software developer be obligated to make sure that you don't lose a $50 software

Wish I had insurance against all those , what turned out to be over the years, worthless addons I paid $50.00 a whack for totalizing in the 100's if not more dollars. No, there is no guarantee in life as Kostas stated. Worst that could happen is to be told a "Stop it". ( I despise the legal term for stop it). 50 bucks,,? use to be less than a night at the bar when I was a drinker in my youth. :)

Now, I have to continue my "flight Training"

:huh: ....er this may come as a huge shock for you. You may need to sit down before reading it. Are you ready?

Quite a lot of us don't own ANYTHING by PMDG.

Sorry to break that to you but there are actually a world of add-ons out there not by PMDG.

Hope this hasn't upset you too much.

:LMAO: :LMAO:

Geoff

It hasn't upset me at all because I don't have any add-ons by PMDG. Maybe you should read my post again.

It hasn't upset me at all because I don't have any add-ons by PMDG. Maybe you should read my post again.

I was merely challenging, somewhat tongue in cheek, the idea that P3D could not become a replacement for FSX merely because PMDG had taken this stance. It may not be what you meant to imply but it does read that way. I would point out (also tongue in cheek) that there is a large section of the community that might well believe that. The ribbing is aimed at that sector, not you personally

As far as P3D development is concerned the area that I would expect to see most development in is the aircraft and flight models. ORBX is arguably the best scenery (at this moment in time) and having covered a large mileage of the Earth's surface AND signed up to P3D I wouldn't expect them to be expending effort to compete with that given their "Mission Statement" Neither would I expect to see P3D used for aircraft of the complexity of PMDG's output because the aircraft manufacturers themselves will always be THE training tool for them. It does rather leave you wondering where in the spectrum they see this "Tool" fitting?

Personally I think P3D will have to wait for my next machine upgrade, by which time some of the newer developments will hopefully be implemented.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

I was merely challenging, somewhat tongue in cheek, the idea that P3D could not become a replacement for FSX merely because PMDG had taken this stance.

My point is that as long as the P3D EULAs limit its use to " only for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment" it is most unlikely that it can become a replacement for FSX, which is a personal/consumer entertainment product.

If I take a sledgehammer to my PC and start wailing away until pieces are scattered all over my living room, am I in violation of any EULAs concerning the proper usage of my computer components? Heck, I might be violating my sledgehammer's EULA!

This whole EULA circus can be spinned in so many ways that it's ridiculous. Just enjoy the damn game, training tool, whatever you want to call it!

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

My point is that as long as the P3D EULAs limit its use to " only for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment" it is most unlikely that it can become a replacement for FSX, which is a personal/consumer entertainment product.

But why must we force it to be used as a replacement of FSX? Why cant you simply allow the two to co-exist on the same PC and use FSX when you want to use the software as a non-learning tool and then use Prepar3d when you do want to use it as a learning tool?

Noone is forcing, the fact is only many won't run it paralelly due to space requirements, double efforts etc. Or do not want. It's the nature of people. Same as when FSX came out, many just wanted to switch but had a performance problem, and some were running both. I for one, don't like two sims on one computer. That is why I have two installs. Prevents me from tinkering with P3D if I don't decide to boot there and do it. Kind of self-control.

Who wrote the no cd patches then? That was an inside job if ever there was in my opinion!

Well, yes and no - IIRC the no-cd patch was internal, meant for MS staff and beta testers. Somehow it got leaked. And if it hadn't, some hacker would have written one. If you WANT to walk on the dark side, you will be able to find a crack for any program, if you search hard enough. Most of us do not want to nor need to.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Well, yes and no - IIRC the no-cd patch was internal, meant for MS staff and beta testers. Somehow it got leaked. And if it hadn't, some hacker would have written one. If you WANT to walk on the dark side, you will be able to find a crack for any program, if you search hard enough. Most of us do not want to nor need to.

Vic

It's always interested me that some sites took the distribution of this as an aid to Piracy. Frankly I thought it should have been included with the programme as the idea of entrusting the successful use of your software to easily damaged media is NOT an acceptable anti-pirate method. :huh: Copyright protection should NOT be at the expense of the legitamate customer. As you say anyone wanting to pirate the software would have done so in any case. :unsure: It was used with some versions of MSTS and the Train Sim community regarded it as a patch!

As for not running more than one Sim on your computer? Hey your choice ..........but Hard Discs are cheap compared to the important hardware like the CPU, GPU and Memory so IMHO that's an expensive decision that many will not be able to afford :unsure: .

Geoff Brown

but Hard Discs are cheap

They are not here, especially not since they introduced the data tax.

And you would like to run the sim from the SSD, it's even more expensive.