Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

An Interview with Lockheed Martin - P3D

Good read. Maybe there is a future after all for this platform, or child of this platform if you may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Interview with Lockheed Martin - P3D <snip>

There you have it folks, if you wish to have a tool that enables you to learn about aviation, ATC, Navigation, etc. then P3D is the way to go for you.

Will Reynolds

Avsim Reporter

Great news, the future for Flight Simulators (as a training tool) seems to be guaranteed. Kudos for LM

Thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you for sharing this with us AVSIM. The people running the project seem nice. However, the interview, while informative, leaves more questions than answers. The bright side says that P3D stands little chance of devovling into a "fly through the rings" and "treasure hunt sans cockpit" farce. It seems that where we are headed is quite obvious.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Great news, the future for Flight Simulators (as a training tool) seems to be guaranteed. Kudos for LM

Thank you for sharing with us.

So that means that all iterations of FS prior to P3D were what? Because as far as I remember, all versions of FS taught us about aviation, navigation, etc.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Good interview job on Avsim part, thank you. Very journalistic I found it reassuring it wont be discontinued as a civil aviation training tool, as we know it, once it becomes a military training sim, or at least that was my understanding. Always been somewhat of a concern.

Great interview

I have always strived to attain and experience the most realistic flight simulation environment and this interview confirmed in my mind that Prepar3D is trying to achieve the same goal

Thank you to LM for perpetuating the legacy and growth of flight simming

Can't wait for even bigger better and faster things to come from LM Prepar3D

Bo Klop

So that means that all iterations of FS prior to P3D were what? Because as far as I remember, all versions of FS taught us about aviation, navigation, etc.

You didn’t get the point. Prepar3D is licensed as a learning and training tool. FS1 -> FSX were for “entertainment purposes only” (If I recall correctly in Microsoft EULA).

It means that all we have learned using FS (me 25+ years) can now be enhanced if I get prepar3D.

It also means that our hobby won’t end with FSX; there is a light in the horizon

Kudos to AVSIM for taking the initiative. Good interview!

There will be those that still,don't get it but that's life.

I for one am excited and sure, maybe even a bit nieve that my simming will only get better.

Even P3D in its current 1.4 version has me back at the controls when I should be out enjoying what's left of summer.

Ron W

Well done Avsim and a big thank you to Lockheed Martin for being so frank and informative. It is encouraging that someone like Martile Allen is driving this forward for LM. I have the feeling that things are going to get done...