Sign in to follow this  
WILDHEART3003

Need help on Buttkicker 2 setup with FSX

Hi all, today my long awaited ButtKicker® Gamer2 arrived. Even after looking at the quick setup guide, I can't achieve the desired feel from it.

So far I have connected the cables as instructed. I am quite confused with the Low filter cutoff/ High Cutoff Frequency & High on/off.

I followed the instructions and adjusted the knob all the way to 160 on high cutoff frequency high to off for engine feed back and suddenly the machine started smoking!

What sound channel should I select? i.e. Stereo/5.1 etc... I have a 5.1 sound card and I use Stereo setup for FSX atm.

Regards,

AJ

Hmm ... I can't believe no one is using this gadget to enhance their simming experience. :huh:

Got it working now, but not sure if I've got the right settings. This thing is unbelievable. It make the flying experience feel totally different, from ground rolling at take off, flaps, landing gear etc. It's like sitting in the real thing. Best part is, I could use my ear phone and still feel the prop engine, flaps, drags, activating the landing gears vibrates though my spine, without disturbing my family sleeping during the night.

If you haven't bought this to enhance your flight simming experience, I strongly recommended you do so. ^_^

Hmm ... I can't believe no one is using this gadget to enhance their simming experience. :huh:

^_^

Hi Anthony, I bought a BK a few weeks ago. Yes it certainly adds to the realism and its regrettable not that many people have heard about it!

I initially also had difficulty setting it up because of the (confusing) poor documentation. In the end I got it working by just splitting the audio output from my TV and plugging in the Y cable (just the red color one) into the transducer.

As for frequency cut offs, etc... I believe they are all pretty subjective and up to you to adjust for the best feel!

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Don't beleive there is a standard as it depends on what plane u use, how you chair handles the feel, and what you and your spouse can stomach. I love it for my props, but on the heavies once airborne its kind of nonobserved.