Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Looking for a fast GA piston single

I'm looking for a fast GA piston single that is not the RealAir Legacy (already have it). Should be pressurized and can fly at 200KTAS.

Any suggestions?

Hmm, I'm not sure if many single pistons can fly at 200kts ... perhaps the RealAir SF260.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Mooney Acclaim (I think), but nobody has modelled one for FSX as far as I know.

I have both the Legacy and the SF260. Once you fly the Legacy, there is no going back -- just my opinion. The SF260 was the absolute best in it's day, but it seems outdated compared to the Legacy.

Mooney Acclaim (I think), but nobody has modelled one for FSX as far as I know.

Yep, she's a runner. Twin turbos, twin intercoolers. Lionheart made one for P3D, default aircraft, but I havn't seen an FSX version. NOT pressurized though but rated to FL250. if one wants to cruise above FL100 for any length of time at +200 knts, probably should be using a turbine. Or a P51. :)

"Mooney Acclaim (I think), but nobody has modelled one for FSX as far as I know."

But it's modeled in P3D....... :P

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Orbxs Lancair IVP. Fast, pressurised, needs to learned how to fly. Used to be a hater of it, in fact I installed , uninstalled it a few times, but I taught myself to fly it properly and now I have great respect for it...But don't tell JV!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Has anyone done a Cessna 300 series single engine aircraft? Those are in the same class.

But, frankly, for raw speed, you cannot beat a Lance Air Legacy. Keep in mind they are used as racing planes because of having such a high thrust to weight ratio, and it's not merely weight, but a very low drag design in the fuselage and wing.

Ken

Isnt the IV-P faster?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was looking for something with 4 seats which the Legacy does not have. From lots of Google searches, it appears I'm out of luck as far as FSX is concerned. Guess I'll have to wait for Carenado to release the TBM850 to get a fast single.

Very nicely I may add.

I was going to wait on v2 to jump on the P3D bandwagon. Is the Acclaim modeled nicely enough to buy 1.4?

Piper MIrage PA46T if you get high even or,

Pilatus PC-12 from flight1 not sure how this flies, but in real life it will do what you want it to do.

-Ray