Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Quality WIngs BAe 146

Is there a Review for this product? Having been away from Avsim for a bit, I may have missed it if there is one.

no havnt seen one but i just got it the other day and been flying it ever since now one of my favorites, now for those short hops between airports. You cant go wrong with this one just check out some of the utubes that are out there.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

+1, Peter.

I purchased it recently and I'm loving every second spent in it. I think Quality Wings have found just the right spot between 'high fidelity' and 'just for fun' area in the sim.

Rick, you won't be disappointed with it unless you're looking for hardcore systems rendering in which case QW might not be your cup of tea.

It's opened up London City for me again! Haha

Is there a Review for this product? Having been away from Avsim for a bit, I may have missed it if there is one.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks for those endorsements,gents. Will make the buy as I was equally impressed by their 757.

I'm planning on getting the QW 146 but I don't know much about QW from the pictures and videos it looks great. The thing I have a question about is how simplified is it? I know I should not expect PMDG type of systems. But I do want things like a proper start procedure, a good FMC, decent system simulating. I hate CLS and love PMDG. Is this closer to CLS or is it a good in between? For example I enjoy taking the wilco CRJ out a few times but only when it's an interesting CRJ flight as the systems are too simple and the FMC is not good. Do most of the switches actually have a purpose is the point of that CRJ example I guess.

Thanks for any comments.

It's not that simplified really, I don't have the CLS but from what I read the CLS was quite simple, maybe on par with the QW 757. This is a good step up from their 757.

I have the J41 as well and I would say this is on par (although the J41 does have almost every switch, it's a simpler aircraft), there is a cold and dark panel state you can load in the FMC and you can do the full startup procedure, you can do reduced rate takeoffs, steep approaches by inhibiting terrain warning, there is TCAS (simple version), you can integrate the RXP or CS weather radar into the VC, it's really got lots of good stuff to play with. The automatic spoilers and yellow/green hydraulic systems are there, you can do full catIII autolands, the FMC can import from FSBuild in the 757 format, it can do SIDS and STARS, it has a Hold feature, VNAV, PLAN, PROG, etc.

There are a couple of switches on the overhead panel that don't work, but not many and not things that are essential for FS.

There is no failures module either, but in general it has over 90% of the switches etc working.

Download their manual from their website and have a look, you'll see what I mean there is plenty there to keep us interested. Especially since we will get the 146's free in stage 3 to play with as well.

It's not that simplified really, I don't have the CLS but from what I read the CLS was quite simple, maybe on par with the QW 757. This is a good step up from their 757.

I have the J41 as well and I would say this is on par (although the J41 does have almost every switch, it's a simpler aircraft), there is a cold and dark panel state you can load in the FMC and you can do the full startup procedure, you can do reduced rate takeoffs, steep approaches by inhibiting terrain warning, there is TCAS (simple version), you can integrate the RXP or CS weather radar into the VC, it's really got lots of good stuff to play with. The automatic spoilers and yellow/green hydraulic systems are there, you can do full catIII autolands, the FMC can import from FSBuild in the 757 format, it can do SIDS and STARS, it has a Hold feature, VNAV, PLAN, PROG, etc.

There are a couple of switches on the overhead panel that don't work, but not many and not things that are essential for FS.

There is no failures module either, but in general it has over 90% of the switches etc working.

Download their manual from their website and have a look, you'll see what I mean there is plenty there to keep us interested. Especially since we will get the 146's free in stage 3 to play with as well.

Thanks! I will have to take a look at the manuals when I get a chance. As long as I need to set up the FMC, turn the APU on, make sure pressurization is set, fuel pumps etc.. I will be happy using this for regional flights.

It can be Lite or Real. All you need to do is to set it up for yourself in the config utility.

It is one of my favourites and I was pleasantly surprised.

I have yet to hear of anybody questioning their purchasing decision on this product and that is VERY rare in this hobby.

Let me first say that I bought the QW757 when it was first released a couple of years ago and was bitterly disappointed with it, from various aspects;

Now, my only reason for saying the above, is to underpin my impartiality when I say that the QualityWings 146 is absolutely awesome!..... in fact it's beyond awesome, it is, after the PMDG NGX, my 2nd favourite add-on aircraft I've ever bought for FS.

The VC is almost at NGX standards (actually in some areas it exceeds it IMHO), the systems modelling is really only one small notch down the ladder from the likes of PMDG, the sounds and external modelling are beautiful, you get things like the automatic aircraft configurations (set via the FMC), the fact that the autopilot commands can be set to key assignments (some via standard FS commands, others like LNAV and VNAV via FSUIPC mouse macros), and best of all; my FPS in this aircraft are better than the default airliners! .... I don't know how they did it, with such good visuals.

It's an outstanding aircraft and you miss this one at your own cost.

I have flown it solid, every day, for 1 week since I bought it, and love it more each flight.

:smile:

Let me first say that I bought the QW757 when it was first released a couple of years ago and was bitterly disappointed with it, from various aspects;

Now, my only reason for saying the above, is to underpin my impartiality when I say that the QualityWings 146 is absolutely awesome!..... in fact it's beyond awesome, it is, after the PMDG NGX, my 2nd favourite add-on aircraft I've ever bought for FS.

The VC is almost at NGX standards (actually in some areas it exceeds it IMHO), the systems modelling is really only one small notch down the ladder from the likes of PMDG, the sounds and external modelling are beautiful, you get things like the automatic aircraft configurations (set via the FMC), the fact that the autopilot commands can be set to key assignments (some via standard FS commands, others like LNAV and VNAV via FSUIPC mouse macros), and best of all; my FPS in this aircraft are better than the default airliners! .... I don't know how they did it, with such good visuals.

It's an outstanding aircraft and you miss this one at your own cost.

I have flown it solid, every day, for 1 week since I bought it, and love it more each flight.

:smile:

I would Like to get this aircraft also ,, can you please explain to me how or what do they mean by

Stage 1 is only fs9 and Stage 2 is an update for free for fsx ??

So i have FSX and if i want to buy this product , how would this work ??

thank you

Stage 2 is complete which means it works in FSX now.

It is the 3 Avro RJs so far.

Stage 3 then adds the older 146 models.

Yes so basically when you buy it now, it is only the Avro RJ models for FSX.

The older BAe 146 models come later for FSX, in a free update for existing buyers.

Thank you i did manage to get the Bird and i am very Excited the manual is a pretty big i have to site and read all of it and i am new to this FMC ,, to bad i havent had a chance to fly yet coz of the Little problems i ran into yesterday with there Downloading link I AM GETTING THERE BUT SLOWLY :)

thanks much