Sign in to follow this  
Finnerz

Accessing panel windows above 9

This is probably a stupid question but I was wondering how you can get up 2d panels above shift+9? For example in the Panel CFG file of one plane I have it says "Window13=FMC" and I would like to know how to view the FMC. Thanks

You can go in to the menu and select it. It is in there somewhere under views. I know, it is a little inconvenient.

Another option is to go in to the panel.cfg and change the order of the windows. Make FMC "Window03=FMC" and make whatever window 3 is window 13. After you change the, the [Window Title] order, you also have to make the same adjustment in the [Window03] and [Window13] section below.

This is a pet peeve of mine. Sometimes developers do not put a lot of thought in to the order of the windows. Of course, it is a bit subjective but I do think things like FMC and GPS should be in the top 5 of the list. For an aircraft that has a fully functional VC, I don't think panel pop ups are a high priority.

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

This is probably a stupid question but I was wondering how you can get up 2d panels above shift+9? For example in the Panel CFG file of one plane I have it says "Window13=FMC" and I would like to know how to view the FMC.

The Panels 1-9 are selected by FS controls named PANEL 1 to PANEL 9. But there are also PANEL ID CLOSE, PANEL ID OPEN and PANEL ID TOGGLE controls. So, if you get the panel ID (from the PANEL.CFG file) you can use that as the parameter for whichever one of these controls you would like to use. You would need FSUIPC I think because you can't provide parameters in FS assignments even if they did list all of the controls on offer.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete, according to the Flight Simulator X SDK the mentioned commands only apply to indexed panels 1..9. But maybe there is a way through your software.

PANEL_ID_TOGGLE - Toggles indexed panel (1 – 9)
PANEL_ID_OPEN - Opens indexed panel (1 – 9)
PANEL_ID_CLOSE - Closes indexed panel (1 – 9)

I can see a way of doing it with a small Autohotkey script. Have it send the letters that you need to open the panel with your keyboard.

Example - opening the GPS panel with the keyboard: (I have a German version, so the letters are different!)

Press ALT - displays menu bar

Press S - selects view menu

Press I - selects instrument panel

Press DOWN 3 times - displays / hides the GPS window

The "program code" if you can call it that would just be: (in this example F1 is used to trigger the action)

F1::
Send, {ALT} S I {3 DOWN}
return

I just make a custom panel icon for it.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Pete, according to the Flight Simulator X SDK the mentioned commands only apply to indexed panels 1..9. But maybe there is a way through your software.

Ignore all that. The "ID" commands take a proper panel ID as a parameter.

I can see a way of doing it with a small Autohotkey script. Have it send the letters that you need to open the panel with your keyboard.

Please yourself, but the Panel ID is much more convenient.

Pete

Please yourself, but the Panel ID is much more convenient.

Pete

You seem to misunderstand. I was just offering the OP an alternative.

You seem to misunderstand. I was just offering the OP an alternative.

Of course, I understand.

Pete

Old thread, I wonder if there is an easy way to use FSUIPC to view these panels >9?

Edit: Pete being Pete above was a bit terse. His more helpful solution is here:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/57009-panels-and-fsuipc/

"Use the [in FSUIPC 'Control sent when keys press'] "Panel id toggle" (or the separate open and close) control, with the parameter equal to the ID [1001 below] of the panel. The panel ID is found in the panel.cfg file as the parameter "ident=" in the relevant [WindowN] section.

[Window09]
file_1024=2DS/FUEL_DUMP.BMP
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=637,961
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=0
visible=0
ident=1001
window_size= 0.200, 0.500
window_pos= 0.800, 0.010
zorder=1"

Edited by VeryBumpy

Why are you making a habit of "bring up old threads/topics"?  Start a new one for cripes sake! :ph34r:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

rise-zombie-thread-henceforth-you-shall-

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.