Sign in to follow this  
Noel

With the current state of P3D what made you decide to jump in?

Why jump in to P3D now?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Given various issues to address to make P3D work w/ all add ons that already work well in FSX, what was your PRIMARY drive to jump in now?

• Provide monetary support to LM as an incentive for them to continue/accelerate development
    • Fear of not being able to purchase the product as it matures to version 2 and beyond due to EULA restrictions or higher costs
    • Belief that FSX support will eventually be dropped in favor of P3D support by 3rd party devs
    • Other

for $49.99 ~ £30.00 what's to lose?

That's about 6 beers in €'s

It's a big download (9GB) but it rekindled my enthusisam in FS again.

I would say go for it Howard.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

This is a real testimony:

Since i use P3D I'm happily married, and my boss no longer laughs at me in the office

12983988213yLHu5.jpg

Get the downloads through FireFox, not Internet Explorer.....much less problems

Believe me

al

It's a big download (9GB) o it rekindled my enthusisam in FS again.

Did you have to prove your educational level etc to qualify or an academic license? Are there any limitations on the academic license?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Noel, there are no limitations with the academic version. The is a very small watermark that is placed in the top taskbar that in no way interferes with flying, merely for distinction.

You do not have to prove you are a student or in some flight school. I merely continue to use my book 'MS Flight Simulator for Pilots Real Word Training', so I can be considered (to myself), I am continuing my aviation training, ha! :rolleyes:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I have been running Prepar3d for a week now after four years of FSX constantly crashing especially during longhaul flights. My enjoyment was really disappearing so I decided to try Prepar3d. Boy what an amazing change!! This is how FSX should have run had Microsoft not decided to abandon it's customers.

To date I have had no crashes, silky smooth graphics and tons of fun!

All my various addons ported without a hitch with the migrator tool.

So goodbye FSX and a big thanks to LM for the great job!

If your having instability problems with FSX, this is definately the way to go!

I will say that FSDT JFK seems to cause OOM issues (as with FSX).

I've lowered to LOD to 4.5 but have yet to test this.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

LOD 5.5 works fine with FSDT KJFK

Jude Bradley

The crashes with FSX is the most annoying negative. I did not tweak the FSX aside the most common ones, but even being very conservative does not give me the comfortable feeling that it won't crash somewhere. It looks like 1.4 is mature enough for me to try again.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

It's a big download (9GB) but it rekindled my enthusisam in FS again.

Only 6 beers? Joke? What kind of expensive country are you living in? Here a beer in a bar is only 50 euro cent (1 leva)...

Only 6 beers? Joke? What kind of expensive country are you living in? Here a beer in a bar is only 50 euro cent (1 leva)...

Here beer in restaurant is easily 6 €. What is expensive, is very relative.