Sign in to follow this  
Guest enave

How Much do Corporate Pilots Make?

After scanning through the thread, I am not sure you ever got good answers to the questions. One: How much do corporate pilots make? And, two: What do they do besides fly the airplane? If you find out, about the the current pay, email me, I'd like to know. I know about the second question. I spent almost twenty-five years as a corporate pilot. And for my two cents worth read the Aeromachines enteries. And remember: airline pilots are not corporate pilots, and vice versa.

Dave;>I can see it's futile to discuss the issue with some.So if I don't agree with you, the discussion is futile?>Complete mis-understanding of the structure of the ESOP. >True, the employees owned 51% (thus a majority) of the>Company. However, we only had three of 11 votes on the board.> No single vote was enough for veto power. United's BoD is a>very traditional board structure. I'm very interested to hear more on why a bloc of stockholders with a 51% controlling interest couldn't control the boardroom.>The misperception that we>"ran" the Company is completely incorrect. C'mon Dave, I never said that. But the employees sure didn't put a winning team in there to run it for 'em, either...>I honestly wish my salary was $180K prior to all this (it was>significantly less). I also wish my reduction was only 30%>(as I explained in my original post). One of my whining friends at United is who I had in mind with this sound bite. He now makes ~$120K a year and thinks he's getting "screwed." Just ask him! :-)>The regionals simply can't afford to pay their crews anymore>than they do now. You can blame it on "unionist dynamics" if>you want, but it's once again, an inaccurate/incomplete>arguement. True, we negotiate proections in our contracts to>preserve mainline jobs. We also negotiate protections in our>jobs to prevent "outsourcing" jobs to cheaper foreign labor. >Might I ask you what's wrong with that? Maybe not, as you>might be inclined to say let them have it if they can do it>cheaper. Where does it end?Those "protections" would be considered illegal anti-competitive practices in other sectors. The majors have (so far) been able to exert some control over the regionals, but not over emerging low-cost operators like JetBlue. Market forces, in the form of operators unburdened by six-figure pay scales for their crews, are gonna put some increasing pressure on the majors. I've flown on both UAL and JetBlue in the last year...JetBlue's Scarebus 320 was clean, the crew was smiling and friendly, and they ran on-time. Both UAL flights were on aging, dirty jets, with grumpy middle-aged flight attendants running herd on the cabin, and both flights were late. All things that make me go "hmmmmm."Anyway, it's an interesting *discussion*. The idea is an exchange and airing of ideas, not debate and subsequent conversion of the vanquished loser to the winner's viewpoint. RegardsBob

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Citationpilot

My mom flies a PA-31-350 and a Citation II for a company in Maryland and is a captian on both and is currently making $36,500 a year. My dad flies a Bell 407, 206, King Air 200, and Citation 560XL and makes $95,000.

HI there,Regarding the salary for commercial airline pilots. It all dependson the contract when it has been signed. I have a friend who's fatherflies for Lufthansa. He is around 20 years at Lufthansa. Flies the B744. He gets per year 180.000 Euros. about 190.000 Us$ before tax.You need to consider at what time of year you are signing the contract. Negoitiating is very important. These pilots who has signed the contract 25 years ago get still the same amount plus the interest and inflation rate increase. Imgagine that!!!Also today many pilot I know from Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines all have second part time jobs. Just for fun. They fly an international flight per month and that's it. There are certain amount of flight hours a pilot can spent. The rest of the time he is training his existing knowledge for ATPL. Or has a second job like Pet doctor, Golf teacher, Drug smuggler, you name it. RegardsGerrit from Germany, Munichwww.gerrit.tv

speaking as a "fat and happy" 777 pilot for delta, :-), I would like to say that i work 14-16 days a month. I'm based out of KJFK and fly to Europe a lot, and sometimes to Asia.I have worked for delta since 79. As the NW 757 guy said, we have worked to get here, and, i atleast, have no regrets.Is it hard to have a normal family life? Most certainely.Did i make sure i knew that i was choosing not only a job, but a life and lifestyle as well? You bet. anyone aspiring to be in a similar situation one day should realize, that you chose a lifestyle. One of strange hours, LONG days and continual jet-lag. Family life is hard, be sure you're spouse is ok with it.I have always said , that if you're an airline pilot, you have to spend every waking hour, when you're at home, with the family. No personal, free time in this Job!!I am blessed to be able to be well paid to do something that i would pay to do.If you have the passion, and are willing to accept the whole package, and not just the joy of flying, or the sense of power, when you land a 777 in a catIII landing, then this job is for you. If not, find something elseIsaac

Hmm, you say your a 777 pilot for Delta in NYC, and fly to Europe, and Asia. Sorry bud, Delta doesn't fly 777's from Asia. Only to Europe. ;)

Mel,Yep, we flew together, and I remember your stories now as if they were yesterday....(they were that good :)). I distinctly remember one story you told of a massage you recieved in Manila one time...wait....that would make for a whole 'nother "Column" entry...LOL.I actually didn't mind flying with Bert at all, again, he and I "bonded" that fateful morning in Narita, and I was golden to him forever more. He did tend to pi** off the flight attendants with little or no effort...something that I filed away for my "now years" as a Captain.Glad to hear you're enjoying retirement. Nowadays, one can have fun at work, but it's not AT ALL like it was in the "old days". Back then, we simply had to show up to the jet...and viola!, we were having fun. Now, it takes some effort (after all the strife, hassles at the hands of the TSA, etc), but it can be done. Fortunately for me, my better half is making a killing in the real estate market, and I plan on talking her into "letting" me retire early, then spend my days jetting her around in a Robinson R44 (to avoid all the traffic she gets to "enjoy" every day), and doing the occasional load of laundry.Take care, and keep in touch ( bubba757@frontiernet.net )BBall-------------------Capt. William "BBall" BallBoeing 757, Northwest AirlinesSenior Editorwww.frugalsworld.com

Guest Blue Skyy

Are you based in Manchester? I remember that the company moved from Nashua to Manchester awhile ago do to Nashua's limited space. I grew up there (Nashua) and subsequently got my private, I used to watch the PC-12's all the time. Wasn't your company the largest PC-12 charter company in operation, I remember seeing that somewhere. In one of my classes at Nashua High a PC-12 pilot came in to talk about his job - I'm sure it was from the same company. I have sense gone to Embry Riddle (DWC was WAY to close to home :)) and am graduating on Wednesday. I've been in contact with Daniel Webster based at Nashua and might end up coming back there to instruct.The world is a small place.mateo

Since all you guys/gals are interested in how much corporate jocks like myself make a year, just how much do you make a year?Nosiness is a two way street.:-roll :-hah