Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Permanently Change Zoom In P3D

Hi,

Any way of permanently changing the opening zoom in P3D?. It always loads to 0.40 even though I changed the cameras.cfg file to (InitialZoom=0.625). This is Camera Definition 002 (Virtual Cockpit). I even tried 0.6 and 0.62.

Thanks

-------------------

Moderators Note:   See below for new Topic 

Edited by Poppet
Split new post from Old Topic

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

With EZDOK, payware, you can if you use the mouse to zoom out and then reset your camera view preset to that, again using shortcuts, again using shortcuts. It will then always resort to that zoom when you use that preset.

Otherwise I could never do that with bare knuckles P3D or FSX

It works correctly, also when pushing the backspace key.

[CameraDefinition.002]

Title = Virtual Cockpit

Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}

Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.

Origin = Virtual Cockpit

MomentumEffect = No

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = None

ShowAxis = YES

AllowZoom = TRUE

InitialZoom = 1.2

SmoothZoomTime = 0.0

ZoomPanScalar = 1.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = TRUE

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Category = Cockpit

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=75

PanAcceleratorTime=0

HotKeySelect=1

Hi,

Tried your setting, same problem, it defaults to 0.40.

It works correctly, also when pushing the backspace key.

[CameraDefinition.002]

Title = Virtual Cockpit

Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}

Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.

Origin = Virtual Cockpit

MomentumEffect = No

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = None

ShowAxis = YES

AllowZoom = TRUE

InitialZoom = 1.2

SmoothZoomTime = 0.0

ZoomPanScalar = 1.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = TRUE

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Category = Cockpit

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=75

PanAcceleratorTime=0

HotKeySelect=1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

If I understand correctly what you want: set the flight as you want it, any view as you want it, and save the default flight. It should load back the .60 zoom, as it does here. I never ever see the 0.4 zoom.

Hi,

I'm looking to save my Virtual Cockpit view zoom setting to 0.625 or 0.62 or 0.6, any one of those settings would be what I'm looking for. I wonder if my triple monitor setup has anything to do with the 0.40 zoom when opening P3D, it doesn't matter what I enter in the camera.cfg (InitialZoom) setting, it always loads to an initial zoom of 0.40.

If I understand correctly what you want: set the flight as you want it, any view as you want it, and save the default flight. It should load back the .60 zoom, as it does here. I never ever see the 0.4 zoom.

Hi,

I'm looking to save my Virtual Cockpit view zoom setting to 0.625 or 0.62 or 0.6, any one of those settings would be what I'm looking for. I wonder if my triple monitor setup has anything to do with the 0.40 zoom when opening P3D, it doesn't matter what I enter in the camera.cfg (InitialZoom) setting, it always loads to an initial zoom of 0.40.

It still doesnt load at what you want when doing as Word Not Allowed suggested, saving the default flight with the zoom factor you want? I dont use 3 monitors but the VC zoom save worked fine for me. Odd

Hi,

Saved P3D's Default Setup with a new zoom of 0.625, called it P3D default flight and it works. Anyone know why resetting the camera settings don't work in P3D?. I wonder if they ever worked in FSX, well no matter I got it setup.

Thanks Everyone

Hi,

Saved P3D's Default Setup with a new zoom of 0.625, called it P3D default flight and it works. Anyone know why resetting the camera settings don't work in P3D?. I wonder if they ever worked in FSX, well no matter I got it setup.

Thanks Everyone

Do you refer when pressing the backscape key on the keyboard to reset the zoom factor?

Well, it works for me, and also in FSX. I have tried it using a FSUIPC command, and also works without problems, of course, with only one monitor.

Anyone know why resetting the camera settings don't work in P3D?.

I never actually found the P3D VC camera default setting in the camera.cfg like FSX? I monkeyed around with camera,cfg 002. Its set to .70 and it wont change but if it's 70 why is it defaulting to 40? Obviously it is reading the default flight loading parameters. Oh well, all is good.