Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

'I think we've just killed the ground mechanic, Captain'

:( He still dies, mainly because me is stupid.

But can we have something that reads the 'have a nice trip' from GSX and then automatically sets the mechanic to disconnect?

cp

i'm not using mce / gsx, just gsx in its own right (keys) .... but surely you see the (gsx) mechanic board the tug after disconnect & he he wishes a safe flight !!

is there another (mce) mechanic out of site ??

for now, cheers

john martin

I have GSX 'voiced' with the MCE one, works fine (hands-free ^_^ ) . I just forget about disconnecting him, although I got a bit better. But, still, some folks don't make it very long with me being in charge. :blush:

Checklists CoolP ;)

I started making my own because I don't like half the checklists that come with planes. MCE voice checklist feature is awesome. I've only done it for the Avro and my GA planes so far but I hope to do it for all my planes.

I do include "Mechanic you can disconnect now", his wife requested that to get a discount on his life insurance ;)

Plus I insert GSX, ATC and all that stuff in them as needed.

Point taken.

I think I'm still (mentally) stuck since I see the GSX guy going away and wishing me a good trip. So I drive over the invisible MCE guy then. :unsure: But I still laugh my a off when he complains later. Not a nice character trait of mine, huh? :O

Lol

I've started using TTS voices so I can put anything I want into the checklists.

I started with "Captain please don't kill the $&$&ing Mechanic this time"

I find this topic rather strange. All the times I've used the GSX + MCE pushback, the MCE mechanic says he's handing off the pushback to his "colleague" and signs off before the pushback truck gets into position. I've never had to manually disconnect him after the GSX wingwalker gives me the all-clear to go.

Of course before I got GSX it was a different story... I left a trail of broken and bloodied greasemonkeys with nearly every flight. My mental picture of Clive has him wrapped in bandages, walking on crutches with two plaster-cast legs. (sorry Clive)

Say, you can make Trav a ground mechanic can't you? That gives me an idea... (runs away cackling)

Dr V

All the times I've used the GSX + MCE pushback, the MCE mechanic says he's handing off the pushback to his "colleague" and signs off before the pushback truck gets into position.

Are you using this fix by any chance? http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382632-a-plea-for-the-mechanics-life-sorta/#entry2445007

That would explain your luck. I've just avoided using it because I actually like the mechanic looking at the engine starts and things, so I left him connected. Well, with the mentioned outcome at times. :blush:

Nope! Certainly not deliberately, and I've just checked the setting in the MCE.ini and it's definitely =0. But that is exactly the behaviour I'm seeing.

Shame because I'd rather gotten used to the mechanic calling out "Rotation... Ignition" on engine start during pushbacks and would rather have it back the way you have it, higher medical bills notwithstanding!

Dr V