Sign in to follow this  
crester

Loading a prepared flight plan

Hi all,

I think i must just be being dumb, can you help? I have an .rte file which i would like to load into the FMC, but i can't work out how to do it and i cant find it in the manuals.

May i point out that I know how to input a flight plan into the FMC, but how do i load a pre-constructed .rte file?

First of all, the flighteplan must be in the correct folder (Your Flight Simulator X folder\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX). Then in the FMC under COROUTE you type in the exact filename without the extension. Voilà your flightplan is loaded.

Kind regards

Peter

First of all, the flighteplan must be in the correct folder (Your Flight Simulator X folder\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX). Then in the FMC under COROUTE you type in the exact filename without the extension. Voilà your flightplan is loaded.

thankyou very much

thankyou very much

Simpler is to just press the Co-route (empty scratchpad) lsk and you will get a list of the plans you have in the (Your Flight Simulator X folder\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX) folder.

Prev/Next page to see more if you have lots of them.

Select one and press Activate on right side then Execute. No need to remember or type any filenames.

/Per W

Sweden

Per W Sweden

You can actually put them in FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS, the NGX subfolder is not needed. Any plans saved to FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS will be available for all your PMDG planes, and not just the NGX

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I recently purchased the NGX and I am in the learning phase. So when I ask the next question keep that in mind and don't beat me up to badly.

What program is used to make a detailed flight plan that uses SIDS & STARS and routes for FSX.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

I use Aivlasoft EFB to load flight plans so they are available using the CDU. There are others that do the same thing.

PMDG does not recommend loading SIDS and STARS via third party applications. I load the route minus the sids and stars in the EFB application. I then select the sid and stars using the cdu.

I use FS Commander to plan the route without SID STARS, it can save in PMDG format. Then EFB to find the best SID STARS to enter in 737 FMC. Then I keep EFB running to follow my flight and fix the STAR and find the right ILS freq and course. And also check the weather at destination, plan my approach and runway around 200 miles ahead. I use AS2012 and RC4 also. RC4 most of the times gives me

the same RW as I thought was best, EFB also gives advice. UT2 seems to follow the directions from RC4, we all land on the same RW. So there is life up there and no conflicts, so far is best to add.

My way of flying in general.

/Per W

Sweden

Per W Sweden

I use FSBuild to generate the .rte file. The routing itself I usually take from a route database like vroute, flightaware and simroutes. I dont add the SID/STAR to the route file with FSBuild tho. I add them later in the FMC once ATC has cleared me for a particular procedure

vatsim s3

1133704.png