Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Anti ice and radio communication

Hey folks,

While i cant wait for the upcoming triple 7 i cant stop enjoying the ngx.

So my questions are:

1) what is the correct way of using anti ice when at the departure airport the temperature is above10 degrees C? When reaching to the air and the temperature is below 10 i should turn it on?

2) i'm using fs2crew and was wondering what is the correct way of using the vhf, hf and flt, when calling the ground i know i should switch for the Flt, if i seitch it for Flt can the controller hear me? After finishing the pushback what should i switch to? If someone can explain it detailed i'll very appreciate. Thanks.

what is the correct way of using anti ice when at the departure airport the temperature is above10 degrees C? When reaching to the air and the temperature is below 10 i should turn it on?

Do not use anti-ice (except the probe heaters) with temperatures above 10 degrees Celcius.

Turn the engine anti-ice on when temperatures are below 10 degrees Celcius and visible moisture (clouds) is present. This should be done right after engine start if taxiing in icing conditions.

Use wing anti-ice after takeoff when temperatures are below 10 degrees Celcius and visible moisture (water can freeze) is present.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Use wing anti-ice after takeoff when temperatures are below 10 degrees Celcius and visible moisture (water can freeze) is present.

RW, it's not usually turned on until there is an accumulation. In effect, it's de-ice, not anti-ice. That's been my experience, anyway.

In the sim, I think you'll be waiting a long time to see a build-up on the wings. So, maybe it is best to just turn it on as you suggested. :lol:

Matt Cee

More for Q1...

Also, don't forget to turn OFF the NAI once clear of icing conditions...the FS world is littered with flight deck screenies of NAI switched ON in CRZ whilst the a/c is surrounded by blues skies - an FSism for sure.

The good book says that NAI should be switched OFF when clear of icing conditions OR when the SAT falls below -40'C...the point at which it has been determined that ice accretion should stops occurring.

PROG Page 2/4 displays the SAT (& ISA DEV) @ LSK 2R so it's worth monitoring this when the Ice Protection is ON, especially during flight in darkness.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

NAI - Nacelle Ant-Ice but the switches on the NG OHP are labelled ENG Anti-Ice & when in use it is annunciated as TAI on the Upper DU (Thermal Anti-Ice).

WAI - Wing Anti-Ice

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'