Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

What's your music when flying?

I never have music playing while flying. Its too distracting!

I do play some music while flying in Battlefield 3 though, Listen to some Metallica and Amon Amarth... Anything Metal to get you going!

thats a long list...Earth, Wind and Fire, Kool and the Gang, Commodores, Parliament, Stevie Wonder, the O'jays, some early Micheal Jackson...Boston, Chicago, Queen, Led Zepplin...and a *little* bit of dubstep

All, of course, goes silent when take off is committed and reverse thrust is active, gotta love that spool up! :lol:

If you think about it, we simmers should comply with the law and turn off all portable entertainment devices until the aircraft has reached ten thousand feet, so as not to interfere with onboard navigation devices.......... So no music folks!

Engine sounds with headphones.

Everyone at work listens to headphones when working (GIS users, data analysts, coders...) but I can't concentrate with while listening to music.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

like has been said...I am no music as well. when cruising I pull out my little netbook and chat with you lot on AVSIM or surf the net.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

When flying, the engine and other simulator sounds are my music;

The tunes I like the most are the FO singing V1 -> Rotate (With no alarms in the background), and the ATC Cleared to land.

Like others said, too distracting

Rarely, when joyriding just above treetops, in the Stearman or the Lancair Legacy, I play some instrumental.

Cheers.

Absolutely no music at all. I listen to the drone of the aircraft's engine, the click of the switches in the cockpit, the whirring of the cockpit's ventilation system, the voices of ATC, etc. etc. etc.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

any genre that does not include the word 'heavy'....

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Skrillex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent choice.

I listen to a lot of electronic and dub step as well, but it can also be smooth jazz.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

The only music I hear, is my wife yelling at me to get off the computer! :lol:

Otherwise, I enjoy some classical music in the background.

The sounds of the aircraft, nothing more, nothing less.

I think this is still on subject... I downloaded the free FDSFX panel, which I'm sure many of you guys know of, but I'm equally sure many may not have heard of it before. I think it is available on Avsim. It is a fantastic little addon and far surpasses many other payware addons I have. It is used on every one of my flights in the NGX and recently I have added it to my 146 plane too. It comes with more than twenty sound effects, including numerous cabin announcements and sound effects. The great thing about it is, you can access the individual sound files and of course edit or change them at will. So I have changed the rather old fashioned musak that it comes with for some more contemporary tracks and also a couple of cabin announcements. It's just a matter of changing over the WAV files in the relevent sound folder. This allows you to pull up the GUI which for me, sits on a separate monitor with other instruments and then you simply click the relevent switch to play whatever sound you want! If any of you do not have this little app then do yourself a favour and download it. BTW: I've just done a search and I think it's available on the 'other' forum site!

zOBx.jpg

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Sky Blue Radio and CMT or GAC.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I got a feeling in the coming weeks, it'll be any "New York" song for me.

I'm flying the KIng Air today, think I am going to listen to a little xm radio on my way down to Henderson.