Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

What's your music when flying?

-Blackmill (Drum n Bass and Dub)

-Coldplay

-Phaeleh (Drum n Bass)

-John Mayer

Although, during T/O, music is off... I love the takeoff thrust sounds... :Big Grin:

I love the takeoff thrust sounds... :Big Grin:

+1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Use the thumb up button! :biggrin:

:good:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Neal Morse - Testament 2 and Momentum albums. Amazing works of art and pass the time like nothing else. (Only in cruise though) Most prog rock....songs at least 20 minutes long are cool. Kids nowadays have no idea with their manufactured pop rubbish

I don't listen to music when I am using FSX. I want to hear the engines, ATC etc.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Good approach. Carly Simon 'Nobody does it better'

Bad approach. Nancy Sinatra 'You only live twice' (as opposed to F. Sinatra's '[i did it] My way')

Steve Hackett or Eric Clapton.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Well I usually don't listen to music when flying as I tend to fly shortish hops in light planes mostly, but coincidentally (and somewhat off-topic) I was thinking about starting a thread about flying-related music, so I'll post a couple of possibilities here...

If you're flying over Texas, Joe Ely and Dallas From a DC9 At Night..

And for a mellower mood (if you're flying around Kentucky)...

Last Train Home, I Flew Over Our House Last Night

I don't listen to music very often while flying nowadays, but I used to do something with Winamp several years back. They have, or at least had (haven't used it in awhile) this thing called Shoutcast with lists of stations from around the world that streamed online. You could connect to just about any station from anywhere, and that's what I did. I'd pick something local from my originating city or country and at some point mid flight, I'd switch to something relevant to the destination. It was pretty interesting. One time, I was flying from Kathmandu to Lukla and got ahold of some Tibetan pop station. To this day, there's this one song that keeps popping in my head, but I can't find it anywhere online.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Not that is actually a very cool idea. I would have to avoid Justin Bieber's country I guess, but I may be pleasantly surprised in others (unless they play, erm, you know).

Anyone with a nice overview on Internet radio stations?

Not that is actually a very cool idea. I would have to avoid Justin Bieber's country I guess, but I may be pleasantly surprised in others (unless they play, erm, you know).

Anyone with a nice overview on Internet radio stations?

I checked after making that post, and Winamp still has Shoutcast Radio. Go to winamp.com and download WinAmp. It's a media player and has been around for as long as the internet it seems. Open the Media Library and Shoutcast Radio is one of the choices on the left under Online Services. Click it, then in the main window, search for whatever country you're interested and all the stations that stream with Shoutcast will be listed.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Though I haven't lately, when you guys are flyin' low & slow over some huge vista or perhaps the Alps or the Rockies, throw on some fully orchestrated Cinematic music. It can be quite inspiring. Or if you have some long distance to cover it can make the hum-drum very pleasant.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit