Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

What's your music when flying?

Depends on the mood. Usually I listen to music, but sometimes I'll have LIveATC on in the background. I've had some pretty emotional approaches with good headphones and the soundtrack to Sunshine, though. -_-

Recently I discovered Gurf Morlix and he's an incredible American multi-instrument vocalist... Listen to these two songs in order and tell me you're not convinced B)

Good choice! VFR flying mood. :smile:

And here's what happens when you run dubstep all the time. :O

HA! That's hilarious. I'll listen to some select songs from every genre. But when I'm going through a pass in marginal vfr I'll take my Slim Dusty and Gurf Morlix :rolleyes:

I'm a stickler for 80s synth... and a few guys are doing some awesome tracks now days, stuff like this:

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I stay focused on my flight

Oh please, both can be had!

I sometimes tune my Grundig Satellit 750 receiver to KDFW approach and listen to real world pilots get clearance for final. That's pretty fun when simming. Sometimes I hear something really interesting. When there is heavy weather in the area the whole tone and tempo really changes. Pilots reporting conditons real frequently and reassuring each other (and the controllers of course) that the ride down was smooth and not as bad as it might look, stuff like that. If you don't have a radio just google for Live ATC dot net and find your favorite airport. Or look at national weather conditons and select one that is having heavy weather. I have listened to ground controllers flip the active rwy at DFW due to a 180 deg surface wind shift while weather was passing through. Planes in the sky changed approach direction of course and dozens of planes were parked on the taxiway and elsewhere while the runways were closed for the worst of it. When the controllers opened the runway again it was real interesting listening to them get everybody ready including some engine retstarts. Then get everybody turned around and taxied down to the new active rwy for takeoff.

In other words nothing like FSX aircraft radio, ha ha!

dubstep, alternative rock, more specifically (muse, Pink Floyd, Linkin Park etc.)

Usually I dont listen to music, as I do short hops most of the time and Im involved in the flight 100%

Along with what Ronan said, sometimes I listen to vocal trance and lounge music such as:

and many more... just that it wont let me post them!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Count Basie and Gerry Mulligan when flying GA's especially at night, over big cities... 80's slow machines when flying Maddog, df727 and lately, 737-200.. of course, I turned the music off when climbing and approach..

How about John Denver well flying a real Stearman. Great song and video.

RJ