Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Are you guys watching the Justplanes 777 vids?

As the title suggests [and you guys on the development team!]

I am learning a lot about the LR and the 777 in general,

I purchased three 777 DVD's,

Polar and sydney in the 777-200LR

And 777-300 to frankfurt and tokyo

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I own two of them. Very impressive at 31:35 with the 200LR , when the VNAV descent starts the ac goes to -4700 fpm and almost -8 degrees down¡¡¡

Look at it.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

I own them to

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

I have the three for Air Canada and one for Air Austral

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Yep definitely, bought the Air Canada 777-300ER and the Air Canada 777-200LR and loved both of them! It's definitely worth getting to see how the plane works and some of the neat features it has compared to the 737. I'm still considering whether to get the Turkish Airlines 777 DVD though.

Hello Robert (KillerKlient), I just bought the Turkish 777, the preview looked ok but the real thing is slightly disappointing, in the approach into Narita the Captain flying has to do a Go-Around but the cameras dont show the go around taking place nor doing the procedures to try the approach again, all you see is the aircraft a few feet off the runway at the threshhold the second time. Also Just Planes threw in a free copy of the Sobelair 737-800 which in my opinion is rubbish as I learned nothing new of any interest. Hope this helps. Richard Welsh.

Yeah I've got all the ACA ones. Just got the Turkish 77W and loved it!

when the VNAV descent starts the ac goes to -4700 fpm and almost -8 degrees down¡¡¡

I haven't watched the vid so all that follows is supposition!

That's a very odd set of figures for a VNAV descent. The 777 will descend at 1500fpm if you set idle thrust and put the aircraft attitude marker (the little box on the PFD) on the horizon. That's the descent attitude that is used in the case of an 'Unreliable Airspeed' event.

In order to get the above figures from VNAV I can only assume that the pilot was commencing a descent from an ALT HOLD mode to VNAV SPD when above the descent profile with a constraint in either in height or speed. The FMC calculates a top of descent point designed to give an average descent profile of approx 1200fpm in VNAV PTH. If you desend early on the profile it will give you VNAV SPD as it is no longer following the pre-programmed vertical profile. An early descent will put a lower descent rate to intercept the programmed path. A late descent will also give you VNAV SPD but will give you about 2000fpm to try and catch the vertical path. On both once you are on the path the aircraft should go to VNAV PTH. It certainly will when you put flap out (VNAV SPD => VNAV PTH).

If you are given an intermediate step by ATC then you achieve that step by V/S or FLCH then you drop to an ALT mode. Once gigh on the profile if you engage VNAV then the FMC goes to VNAV SPD (no vertical path to follow yet) and starts a descent. Again, this would 'normally' be at around 2000fpm.

I can only asssume then that the aircraft is descending from an ALT mode to VNAV SPD with a close in altitude constraint it's trying to achieve or an increase in the descent speed.

It would be interesting to know what the FMA's were before and after.

It would certainly spill the first class G & T's!

I have ordered the Turkish DVD and am currently awaiting its delivery. A little disappointing to hear about the Go-Around not been well covered, but I sure the rest of the DVD is top notch.

I haven't watched the vid so all that follows is supposition!

That's a very odd set of figures for a VNAV descent. The 777 will descend at 1500fpm if you set idle thrust and put the aircraft attitude marker (the little box on the PFD) on the horizon. That's the descent attitude that is used in the case of an 'Unreliable Airspeed' event.

In order to get the above figures from VNAV I can only assume that the pilot was commencing a descent from an ALT HOLD mode to VNAV SPD when above the descent profile with a constraint in either in height or speed. The FMC calculates a top of descent point designed to give an average descent profile of approx 1200fpm in VNAV PTH. If you desend early on the profile it will give you VNAV SPD as it is no longer following the pre-programmed vertical profile. An early descent will put a lower descent rate to intercept the programmed path. A late descent will also give you VNAV SPD but will give you about 2000fpm to try and catch the vertical path. On both once you are on the path the aircraft should go to VNAV PTH. It certainly will when you put flap out (VNAV SPD => VNAV PTH).

If you are given an intermediate step by ATC then you achieve that step by V/S or FLCH then you drop to an ALT mode. Once gigh on the profile if you engage VNAV then the FMC goes to VNAV SPD (no vertical path to follow yet) and starts a descent. Again, this would 'normally' be at around 2000fpm.

I can only asssume then that the aircraft is descending from an ALT mode to VNAV SPD with a close in altitude constraint it's trying to achieve or an increase in the descent speed.

It would be interesting to know what the FMA's were before and after.

It would certainly spill the first class G & T's!

This is the moment:

The ac was in Cruise at 38000 ft and the descent started at T/D, not later. ATC pointed FL260. Sorry for the atittude, it was almost 5 not 8. It´s my fault.

Best.

Miquel.

Are any of them worth getting? Are any of them in HD? I have a dozen Justplanes titles but now unless they are in HD I will not be buying any more of them. When you look at Youtube HD clips of commercial a/c I cannot see why we should be buying the grainy sort of non HD stuff you see from Justplanes particularly those that feature nightime cockpit shots.

Gerry

Out of all of them what would you guys say is the absolute best knowledge and systems showing wise? I am not in a position to buy them all, but would get the best overall.

Thanks for any replies.