Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

Don't Buy Apple...

I updated to iOS 6 on my iPad and iPhone last night. I had no problems on first use, but later on I couldn't connect to WiFi, thats the only problem I have had so far! (Thats all fixed now though)

The new Apple Maps look amazing in 3D but there is allot and I mean 'ALLOT' of problems with it! Apparently there is another airport in Dublin, London UK is in Ontario Canada and a train station in Helsinki Finland is a park... I find it incredibly amusing!

Some of my friends have been reporting issue's updating to iOS 6 and or turning on the WiFi. Apple have been a major disappointment in the last few months IMO, they haven't pleased the audience as much as they used to and this isn't helping! There were problems with the BETA version also.

I expect a few updates to iOS 6 with-in the next few weeks. Im loving the new features!

Regards, Ciaran

Not a very helpful topic title, but I'll toss this out for people looking for an alternative to the iOS6 Maps app:

How to get Google Maps on iOS6

This is pretty cool because it'll place a Google Maps icon on your home screen. The only drawback is that it functions via HTML, so it's a little slower than the pre-iOS6 Maps app.

I think it's going to take Apple a just a bit longer than this iOS cycle to get their Maps app up to speed. It really is a mess. I needed directions yesterday and the new Maps app couldn't even find the destination I entered, which was only 6 miles away. Google Maps found it right away.

The iOS6 Maps app is definitely not ready for prime time.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Well I just updated and think its perty' freaking cool! ^_^

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just got my iPad and iPhone updated to iOS6... I love it.

C'mon, drink the Kool Aid. It tastes good. My IOS 6 updates on the iPhone and iPad are great. New iPhone 5 should be in my hands within a week.

I've seen many Android users over the years finally realize that the iGadgets are the best, and they set the standard for all others to follow (or copy).

Stan

I love my iPhone and iPad to much not to buy them. I have a 4S and pre ordered the 5 because I think they're the best right now. When something better comes along ill get it.

Well I can't deny the big screens on some of those android phones are attractive.........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well I can't deny the big screens on some of those android phones are attractive.........

Yes they are definitley a minus for the iPhone. I'm curious to see the difference when I get my new one.

I updated my iPad and iPhone to iOS6 and I kinda like it ^_^

I'll actually be ordering my iphone 5 tomorrow. I was gonna preorder last friday but I had bills to pay <_<

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Bills are for responsible chumps. Gadgets are a much better use of money.

Just joking of course, but I feel compelled to share this quote I saw today -

"Having an iPhone5 is the mobile equivalent of wearing the latest Homer Simpson tie"! :lol: :lol:

Just my sense of humour and if we can't laugh at ourselves, what can we laugh at?

WARNING!

Exploring the new update further, I find that YouTube has been quietly and unceremoniously yanked from the new IOS6. Apparently Apple is not happy with Google eating into their market with android devices and..... boom.

This means Google maps and street-view is also gone as has been mentioned, replaced by a so far much inferior Apple replacement.

Which means that the use of Google maps on the find my iPhone/iPad app is also gone. Replaced with the inferior Apple made app.............

There is a replacement for The missing YouTube app in the Iphone store, but it does not work natively with iPads. Instead, its a wittle, itty bitty app that you can only make better by hitting 2x mode. Apparently Apple is now intent on smacking Google around a bit by making the use of anything Google-made a chore.........

Think carefully before updating.

*Groan.

Devons rig