Sign in to follow this  
ajax6

JS4100 still good...?

Hi,

I'm in the market for a good twin engine turbo prop commuter / regional a/c.

Most important characteristics for me are:

- Systems (avionics incl) realism

- Realistic flight model (flight dynamics)

- Realistic graphics (both cockpit and external)

- Good support through seller and/or an active community

- A B737 - type of FMS would be a big plus...

I'm spoiled by the PMDG 737 NGX, so I'm looking for something of really high standards.

Will be flying in FSX. (Mid range PC. Vista 64 bits, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470)

I'm fully aware that posting this Q here will give me only positive A:s. But nevertheless - do you honestly think the PMDG JS4100 is still good enough to purchase? Or is there somehting better somewhere in this category of a/c?

TIA!

Hi Peter,

I recently purchased the PMDG JS4100, and I had about the same requirements as you in looking for a new aircraft. I knew since it was PMDG that it was going to be good, as I have most of their other aircraft. But I wasn't sure how interested I was in this particular plane. I wasn't real familiar with it, or it's operating history etc.

That was, until I bought it. I was very impressed from the start at all the documentation included. Very good, helpful documentation, tutorials, the info in this forum, Youtube tutorials..... there is a wealth of info out there.

All in all it has been one of my best FSX purchases, the systems, graphics, sound package, challenging procedures and FMS have made this a great plane to learn and have fun with. It's all I've been flying lately.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Chris Bremmer

Hi Peter,

I recently purchased the PMDG JS4100, and I had about the same requirements as you in looking for a new aircraft.

All in all it has been one of my best FSX purchases, the systems, graphics, sound package, challenging procedures and FMS have made this a great plane to learn and have fun with. It's all I've been flying lately.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thx, Chris! Sure helps. I have the same impression of PMDG - from my NGX - but was a little worried the JS 4100 is getting a bit old by now. But you're judgement is good enough for me. DL:ing as we speak... ;)

Thx again!

Pmdg is rated as the benchmark for good reason. She can be a little tricky to fly but in a rewarding way . Dont forget you can buy fs2crew for this one as well, a must have IMO

ZORAN

I think she's not dated at all. Up to the standard of most addons that are released.

She has a GNSXLS FMS which is not as advanced as Boeing but it gets the job done and is easy to use.

They did not implement the hold function or AFIS, but between the RMI, DME, clock and the PFD you can fly holds manually with some practice.

Still the BEST regional Turboprop out there until Majestic releases their Dash 8 Q400.

Only other commuter turboprop worth considering for FSX is the Flight1 ATR. Everything else pales in comparison to that and the PMDG J41. And personally I prefer the 41, it's a lot more rewarding to fly.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg