Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seisiin

Custom Cockpit with Go Flight or home made modules

Good day, all. Looking for a few quick answers.

First, I've been looking at Go Flight pannels and have noticed how expensive they are, if you include the racks.

So, one thing I was considering is, once I have a place to put the thing and the money to buy the materials, I thought I might cut costs by custom building my racks. I wonder if this would even be possible.

Or, if this wasn't an option, I was wondering how easy it would be to create panels of my own, so that I can have a one person flight deck-enclosed for my purposes- and not take up incredible amounts of space.

Please, if someone could answer this for me, I would appreciate it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is not really that difficult to build your own panels. I have a one person B-17 based enclosed cockpit that is five feet wide by seven feet long. I could have made it five feet long as well if I needed to.

If you are flying a complicated airliner, the panels are more difficult with rotary encoders etc...but it is still not that difficult.

Here is a post documenting my build that may help you with some ideas.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22072

Bill

Moving this one to the hardware forum.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Microsoft Flight Forum" to "Home Cockpit Builders". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.