Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

You want a VC...?!?

Here's the test with a custom light cone. Looks stupid, doesn't illuminate anything and FS9 generates its own cones when it's foggy or rainy anyway.

732_light_cone_test.jpg

FSX offers way more possibilites in terms of custom lighting.

(Screenshot from backintheday, when my FSX PC wasn't gathering dust in a storage room.)

The icing thing, however, looks more promising.

732_icing_test.jpg

Thanks for Your attention(!) Now I preparing laconic answer about upper. Please, wait at a little .

Thanks for Your attention(!)

... With "gnat" effect you mean dead bugs and dirt on the windshield?

Yes it is.

This can be achieved with an edit of the glass texture.

Very good. Need see.

I'm no fan of dirty windshields.
Dead gnats and dirt on the windshield it`s seriously. In real flights dead bugs and dirt at the glass of the pilot`s cabin is serious problem, especially at the take- off and landing(!). For example, often a lot of gnats falling on the glass, and visibility becoming worse(sometimes very badly). From hot front glass they very stick, becoming solid and brushes and could not clear the glass... if the flight is going through rain clouds. Trust to me, I have real flight times, and I have know about it. I sure gnats effect into model will make beautiful real addition(!).
Icing, on the other hand, would be rather nice, but I'm not sure what (simulator) conditions are needed to make it appear.

(Temperature <0°C and rain/snow?)

Gnats effect perhaps can will appear as rain blobs. Icing effect will appear if at the glass make overlay ice textures, superimposed on the glass texture with a view of ice at low temperatures and are included in the density change with decreasing temperature. I.e. XML gauge must be(which have some fw models).
Here's the test with a custom light cone. Looks stupid,
:) No, not stupid- this is start of experiments(!). Now next: Usually real light cone very shining in root of headlights- we already have it(at screen). Thank You). After it need make as real as possible(approximately as 3D view).
doesn't illuminate anything and FS9 generates its own cones when it's foggy or rainy anyway.
Let`s make this by crooked cone(may be without full illuminate in middle), or half crooked cone, or square polygons- I sure, we will see from the cabin illuminate all away! And it will:

looks great!!!

Yes it is :)
The icing thing, however, looks more promising.
...with gnats effect- test it(!). PS: What about "reverser Spray effect" from reverser_spray.zip , and heat blur with smoke effect from engines of 732(approximately like at "ab_f16_.zip", "effects_747.zip" or "nicksaijetexhaust.zip")?. By the way, interesting utility placed at http://www.flightsimfirstofficer.com/ Can this apply to the model of 732?

I sure gnats effect into model will make beautiful real addition(!).

Sorry, no. That would be yet ANOTHER extra texture, extra material and extra XML code.

There is a fine line between necessary and unnecessary features and a "dead" bugs feature is clearly in the "unnecessary" area.

No, not stupid- this is start of experiments(!). Now next: Usually real light cone very shining in root of headlights- we already have it(at screen). After it need make as real as possible(approximately as 3D view).

Again: FS9 does not offer the possibilities in terms of materials to make shiny light cones.

You can experiment with the source files yourself, if you absolutely want them.

PS: What about Reverser Spray effect from reverser_spray.zip ?)

Can be added by anyone; I don't need it.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Sorry, no...

It`s clear.. Good luck for You. Regards. PS- Do You have any plan about Richard Probst`s 727?

Here is RC3.

Bjoern - As someone who is primarily a lurker on this forum I wanted to thank you for this VC and also everyone who has worked on the Tinmouse project. I've enjoyed it now for 3 years and had a lot of fun. The new VC only adds more! I only wish I could add to the project somehow, as I am not a programmer, designer, or pilot. I admire all of you that are. Thanks again! Back to lurking :-)

CastawayB737-200.png?height=142&width=200

If that panel works in FSX, maybe someday.

I do not understood a little... There are three model of 727 for fsx which I know, with 3D cabins(at avsim.su, links do not operated) 35986-Thomas-Ruth-Boeing-727.zip , 38674-Boeing-727.zip and 13678_FSX-SP2-Boeing727-200.zip. There are several model of 727 for fs2004 without 3D cabins(at avsim.su) 37610-Boeing-727-200-chast-1.zip(part 1) , 37653-Boeing-727-200-chast-2.zip(part 2) , 24623-lanchile727100.zip(Richard Probst) , 16575_Boeing727-200SyrianAirlines.zip , B727_200_AA[1].zip and 20552-Boing-727-200.zip. Which better from them I do not know(including system also). Can You create 3D cabin for 727 100 and 727 200(two models in one archive), in fs2004(after, of course)? What do You think? PS: model in archive 38674-Boeing-727.zip have excellent glass and shadow effect in pilot cabin. Can You create same effect for Your 3D cabins into fs2004?

Pardon me, small correction, that is right

PS: model in archive 38674-Boeing-727.zip have excellent glass effect in pilot cabin. Can You create same glass effect(i.e. the reflection of light) with and shadow effect for Your 3D cabins into fs2004?

Shadow effect perhaps can very decrease fps?

Bjoern - As someone who is primarily a lurker on this forum I wanted to thank you for this VC and also everyone who has worked on the Tinmouse project. I've enjoyed it now for 3 years and had a lot of fun. The new VC only adds more! I only wish I could add to the project somehow, as I am not a programmer, designer, or pilot. I admire all of you that are. Thanks again! Back to lurking :-)

*Manly tears of joy*

(If you want to help out: The easiest thing to learn is repainting.)

Well, a "back-conversion" of Tom Ruth's 727 models is my preferred route, but that's something for the future.

Glass reflections (like in FSX) would be possible to do in FS9, but I don't like them and hence, I won't do them.

Also, please stop requesting features as it starts to annoy me.

Well, a "back-conversion" of Tom Ruth's 727 models is my preferred route, but that's something for the future.

Thanks, hope at it after.
Glass reflections (like in FSX) would be possible to do in FS9, but I don't like them and hence, I won't do them.
Glass reflections give most real view over photo terrains, and other good things... But have not questions.
Also, please stop requesting features as it starts to annoy me.

Ok, it was only questions, don`t worry because of such nonsense(!). Good luck to You at all Your creative plans. That`s all...

Ok, it was only questions, don`t worry because of such nonsense(!). Good luck to You at all Your creative plans. That`s all...

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

By the way:

- If you're aesthetically offended by the icing effect, it can be turned off via the "title=" line of each repaint.

- RC4 will be an all-in-one-hoopedy-doodle-something-something

• Upvote 1

Iced up windows, new center post, analogue hydraulics gauges:

Thank You for Your work(!). To tell to truth I never see real 737-200 and his cabin, but I not sure about ice color at screen cabin window... Is they really have such color?
Iced inlets, iced leading edges...

I want noted- I seen white ice on wings mostly. Can real pilots also tell which is real color of icing on the wings and glass(and give advice)?

By the way:

- If you're aesthetically offended by the icing effect, it can be turned off via the "title=" line of each repaint.

Nice. It quite good(!), thanks. :)

To tell to truth I never see real 737-200 and his cabin, but I not sure about ice color at screen cabin window... Is they really have such color?

I want noted- I seen white ice on wings mostly. Can real pilots also tell which is real color of icing on the wings and glass(and give advice)?

The ice texture can be edited by anyone to his/her liking.

I, personally, don't need it to look ultra realistic.