Sign in to follow this  

French low-cost carriers?

Guest Flyingdutchman

Hi all,As you maybe know almost every country in Europe has an airline with low faresUK: EasyJet, Jet2, MyLite etcGermany: Hapag-Lloyd, Air Berlin, GermanwingsHolland: BasiqairBelgium: Virgin ExpressBut now France, as far as I know France has no low-cost-carrier. But why?Do the french people want to pay that much for tickets?! And you can also see the not much low-cost-carriers fly to France, EasyJet flies Nice but that's the only one I know?Maybe somebody know the reason?Any help is appreciated :):-waveEvert------------------------------Visit the Holland Aviation Siteand learn more about aviation in Holland!!! http://fly.to/hollandaviationsite------------------------------

Many UK low cost carriers fly to France, Ryanair to all sorts of places in Brittany/Normandy, Buzz flew to Paris as does Ryanair, Goodjet (Swedish, now bust), snowflake, and i think ezyjet,there is a new french low cost carrier about to launch, called fly eco. Also Air Lib set up a low cost arm called AirLib Express, which went bankrupt with the airline, one of the main reasons there are fewer low cost carriers in France is that Air France is still state owned and has really large controlling power on slots into most airports. Also Hapag Lloyd is not a true low cost carrier, they are a charter carrier owned by the World of TUI group like Brittania etc.Hope this helps

Guest Flyingdutchman

Thanx for your explanation Felix,:-waveEvert------------------------------Visit the Holland Aviation Siteand learn more about aviation in Holland!!! http://fly.to/hollandaviationsite------------------------------

Don't flyBE (www.flybe.com) fly from Paris CDG to the UK? I know they come in to Glasgow from CDG on the Dash 800's.