Sign in to follow this  
PerWel

Need New weather?

This is a known bug within the simulator (FSX and P3D) which causes very erratic wind shifts at altitude, normally at higher altitudes. The wind direction, most noticeably during weather updates, can change erratically by up to 180 degrees. The only know cure for this bug is to use global weather since its the changing weather conditions that causes the simulator to behave erratically.

We are trying to combat it using a variety of methods so that people can still fly high with varied and detailed real world weather.

Regards

Stephen

You will soon be able to run the OpusFSX LWE on a networked computer such as a laptop

When this occurs I may give it a try, again. I purchased the original release and wasnt happy because this was not available also I didnt care to be purchasing all the other options, which I'll never use, either.

Seems to me the three basic functional groups could be separate products. I am only interested in the weather engine.

Opus better than AS2012?..

After my sad experience with the new REXE (S-turns returned with full force, wrong weather, no weather above FL250 etc...) I am a little cautious with the claims that certain weather engines are the best. Yes the screenshots look very good but so did the screenshots of the REXE. Opus must work very hard to claim the Weather engine and presentation first spot.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Opus is a very good weather engine with what I believe is THE BEST support of any company.

They always answer their emails quickly and work patiently with you no matter the problem.

As I said before no hoops for support just ask and they answer.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Sean Green

For the most realistic weather rendition I use opus with Rex essential textures. Hasn't disappointed yet!

And I've gotten rid of ECZA, the Dynamic head movement in opus feels more realistic to me.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Yes, Opus is the best weather engine. I've been using ActiceSky for a long time but just switched to Opus about two weeks ago and now my weather is the way I wished it always had been. Highly recommend this product. And, as mentioned earlier too, the support is top notch. You get near instant response time no matter where or how you ask a question. Excellent!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Now I have to try the Opus camera's. Makes sense now that I am using the weather.

Is it difficult to setup. Can you assign camera positions to joy stick controls?

If you fly the PMDG 737NGX then I have a CAM file here with five virtual cockpit camera setups ready that you can try. You will just need to edit each view and assign your joystick button to them. If you want the file then just email me and I will send it to you.

I will be adding an option soon to import and export camera definitions so that a library of useful camera views can be created, users could then just download their aircraft's camera definitions, import them, and edit them to define the joystick buttons etc. it's already on the list of upgrades, just need the time to implement it.

Best Regards

Stephen

OK, I'm thinking, I'm thinking... Any other NGX drivers to give opinion? I'm not VFR flyer so my weather engine has to be spot on above FL300...

Regards,

I am NGX only driver and love it!!!! Again, highly recommend this product!!!

I just re-read your post and figure I better say this...you aren't going to get accurate winds aloft yet. They are still working on trying to get rid of the FSX winds aloft bug. And, you don't have any way to plan for what the winds will be at altitude either so you can't program them in to your FMC if that's what you mean be they have to be spot on above FL300. For me, I don't care too much about this fact. I just wanted and liked the idea of flying into and out of fronts and cloud layers etc that don't disappear or appear out of nowhere like the other weather engines out there.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I just wanted and liked the idea of flying into and out of fronts and cloud layers etc that don't disappear or appear out of nowhere like the other weather engines out there.

You have point and I'm gonna give it a try... Will report back after a test flight

[EDIT] - I recon to get the software tested with the live updates (dynamic weather) I'll need the full purchase?..

Regards,

I recon to get the software tested with the live updates (dynamic weather) I'll need the full purchase?..

Yes, I believe you need to actually buy it to get the full options for the weather. I don't think you'll be disappointed but you can always return it within 30 days and get you're money back.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Guest BeaverDriver

OK, you have my attention now. Are you guys saying that you actually get a full overcast condition with Opus when the conditions call for it? Now THAT would be a change!

What about visibility? If it's low on the ground, does it extend upwards to/above the clouds, and if so, how far?

Can you get wx for periods other than current?

Thanks!

Added Q - You do not have to enable the camera feature on a single PC during setup, is that correct?