Sign in to follow this  
PerWel

Need New weather?

Yes, you do not have to enable the other features to use the weather function. That is exactly what I am doing. I have completed three flights since installing and I do find reported weather at departure and destinations. I looked for airports with low conditions and it nailed it.

I think they have a good weather engine and I believe they are very motivated. It will get better.

I help run a Facebook Group called OnlinGroupFlights. We have an event where we go to an airport with low ceilings and visibilities. Every time I flew one of these events, I would break out sometimes thousands of feet higher than the reported weather using the other engines. I am happy we have another choice that seems to work.

Here's a question I've always wondered about weather products:

When it pulls up the local weather at 1954 Zulu, and the weather is OVC winds 150 @ 15, and then the real world weather report changes at 1955 zulu to CLR skies with winds calm, what happens in the simulator? Does the weather suddenly go from OVC with 15 knot winds to clear skies and zero or is it a gradual transition that takes a few minutes?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Here's a question I've always wondered about weather products:

When it pulls up the local weather at 1954 Zulu, and the weather is OVC winds 150 @ 15, and then the real world weather report changes at 1955 zulu to CLR skies with winds calm, what happens in the simulator? Does the weather suddenly go from OVC with 15 knot winds to clear skies and zero or is it a gradual transition that takes a few minutes?

At present yes. But only on the next weather update. The METARs are treated as gospel, but ...

We are just about to announce the next phase of development for the LWE which will include the Weather Smoothing and Stabilisation options. These options will both smooth out the changing cloud patterns between METAR updates and provide a cloud stabilisation option for your immediate vicinity (the 'immediate vicinity' grows larger as you climb).

I do not want to say any more on this because we are still preparing the announcement. I was going to announce it next week.

Watch this space ... or I should say keep an eye on our Flight1 forum for the new topic. So much for the big announcement :rolleyes:

Regards

Stephen

I am now using OPUS Weather and considering using the camera features. Since I am running the weather option already, would I spawn additional processes if I turned on the camera features? Arethe processes running already with the weather?

I am generally happy with ezdoc but if I can eliminate a process from running, this will motivate me to use the OPUS camera.

The processes are already running but the camera view selection and editing is just disabled until you enable them. Enabling Live Camera will not have any impact on your system, but you must not run it with EZCA active. Do you use PMDG 737NGX, if so I can send you a CAM file with 6 camera views already configured, you would just have to assign your joystick buttons to them.

Most people report a 3 to 5 FPS increase when replacing EZCA.

Regards

Stephen

The processes are already running but the camera view selection and editing is just disabled until you enable them. Enabling Live Camera will not have any impact on your system, but you must not run it with EZCA active. Do you use PMDG 737NGX, if so I can send you a CAM file with 6 camera views already configured, you would just have to assign your joystick buttons to them.

Regards

Stephen

Ok I am sold.. I am buying your product as soon as my FS budget has funds in it again ( friday)

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Regards

Stephen

I also want to buy it!

Can you send me the CAM file with 6 camera views already configured for the PMDG 737NGX too??

Robert

The CAM file with instructions is now on our downloads page.

We will also be adding the Import and Export options very soon so you can all swap CAM data etc.

Please read the instructions carefully, this is a replacement file so it will replace all your current definitions. If you have already created camera view please wait a while (less than a week) and we will have an Import option for you.

Regards

Stephen

Yesterday I bought a version of the software and I'm really excited. I use actually ASA2012 (in the past I used REX and FEX too) and was not yet satisfied with the representation of clouds. Even in worst weather I had no closed cloud cover. Also the clouds from below looks totally unrealistic.

After installing the software, I have different cloud layers and when I passed by, I have zero visibility like never before. Very beautiful. Yesterday I could only take a small flight over Germany in bad weather but I am looking forward to the weekend when I will make greater turns.

@Stephen:

Originally I thought that I do not need the camera function, so I generally use Ezdok. But in order to have a comparison, I will download the file.

Thank you for this very good program, the purchase was worth it. It makes the FSX even more realistic.

Matthias Forstner

Hi Matthias

We have now posted the file on our downloads page with instructions. Make sure you do not run EZCA at all as it will just ruin the effects, and remember to fasten your seat belt before landing or flying in strong turbulent conditions, too near to thunderstorms etc.

Regards

Stephen

Some Q´s from my side:

1.) Can I fly with this weather engine also above FL300 with realistic winds up there?

2.) How is the transition for a so called "cloud breaking"? If there is any?

3.) Is there a chance of getting a complete OVC sky? Kinda refers to the second question.

Looking forward

MDK

Yes you can fly at any altitude with realistic winds.

Simulated winds aloft at the moment, true winds aloft available soon.

The weather is real to life, and yes overcast is overcast, and you can break through the cloud, see far off storm fronts, avoid thunderstorms, encounter real intelligent turbulence effects, etc.

Take a look at our Flight1 forum pages and will also see that it is continually getting better, with new enhanced features etc.

Regards

Stephen

Im considering this although i spend good hard earned money on REX. So my question is how can I ensure that Opus would use textures from REX?

If no textures are included how does it determine which ones to use?

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png