Sign in to follow this  
Sublimation

SIAMAVSIM VTBS 2008 Scenery?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to determine where I can download SIAMAVSIM's VTBS 2008 scenery. Apparently, SIAMAVSIM's website shut down and therefore, I'm having difficulty locating the scenery files. Does anyone know where I can download the scenery?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

There is a free scenery version 2006 from here by it appears Jan Martin:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-sceneries-44/bangkok-suvarnabhumi-vtbs-airport-12664.html

On flightsim.com there is a photoreal scenery that might be used with this. Check its readme.

Then look here for a file vtbsapp or vtbsappr zip files that add ILS approaches for AI to the approach layer and your aircraft.

There is the ARMI project payware version 2012 from here;

http://secure.simmarket.com/armi-project-vtbs-suvarnabhumi-intl-fs2004.phtml

at a no VAT of 20 Euros or today $26USD. It should have the approach data for AI in it. If not you can add it probably with ADE9. See the description regarding activation. If you get this make a backup CD of the download and include the key data from the e-mail or other in a text file. See the description about certain other scenery incompatibility.

Results from a Yahoo advanced search on FS9 vtbs scenery.

If you want an airport serving Bangkok and don't want to get the new payware VTBS that was just released (I recommend you do) then another option is to get VTBD 2011. It is one of the best freeware airports I have ever seen - far superior to many payware products.

the new payware VTBS that was just released

Where is this new release? did I miss something? I really want some decent asian sceneries to get released!

Where is this new release? did I miss something? I really want some decent asian sceneries to get released!

It was released a week or so ago. It's available on SimMarket and is well worth having. If you check back on the threads here you will see a discussion on it and some other outstanding Thai sceneries

From the product description:

"This review is of the new UPDATE to the original 2010 version, released on 20th SEP 2012 and available for purchase as above."

"Available since: 09/20/2012. Sold by Armi Project"

http://secure.simmar...tl-fs2004.phtml

as in previous reply.

Euro 20 or about $26 download only. Simmarket I think does offer a CD service if needed. File size is listed at 32MB.

I think this is the scenery kiwiflyer45 referred to.

Note there are FS9 and FSX versions as separate downloads.

I would be intrigued to see more screenshots of the landclass the reviewer talks about with that scenery. I had read in so many places about the performance issues of the original version, which always put me off. The surrounding area was always so bleak (having flown into VTBS as a passenger before I can definitely say its green and full of buildings too which the sim doesnt replicate at all).

Any other users of this scenery, I would welcome their reviews alongside that specified on the simMarket product page.

te name='kiwiflyer45' timestamp='1348531888' post='2479596']

If you want an airport serving Bangkok and don't want to get the new payware VTBS that was just released (I recommend you do) then another option is to get VTBD 2011. It is one of the best...

Is Prasong`s VTBD 2011 one of the best freeware airports?... But it not for me :Shame On You: . For good action of VTBD2011(by Prasong) very need faster pc(!). And into Prasong`s VTBD2011 have not any AI- traffic aircrafts. I.e. Prasong`s VTBD2011 is not one of the best freeware airports, is`t it?... What Your opinion about next: if, for example, FSDreamTeam, or Aerosoft, will released airport scenarios only "for on- line flyings"? If You will set AI Traffic I think AI- Traffic into Prasong`s VTBD2011- it may be will kill latest FPS , totally... IMHO. But VTBD2011 very beautiful(!)- I like of visualisation of this scenario :Star:! Thank for attention. Regards!

Is Prasong`s VTBD 2011 one of the best freeware airports?... But it not for me :Shame On You: . For good action of VTBD2011(by Prasong) very need faster pc(!). And into Prasong`s VTBD2011 have not any AI- traffic aircrafts. I.e. Prasong`s VTBD2011 is not one of the best freeware airports, is`t it?... What Your opinion about next: if, for example, FSDreamTeam, or Aerosoft, will released airport scenarios only "for on- line flyings"? If You will set AI Traffic I think AI- Traffic into Prasong`s VTBD2011- it may be will kill latest FPS , totally... IMHO. But VTBD2011 very beautiful(!)- I like of visualisation of this scenario :Star:! Thank for attention. Regards!

Even with my older computer I don't recall any FPS problems with VTBD 2011. I now have a pretty up to date system so it's not a problem at all for me, but I understand it might be for somebody else. It's freeware so there's no harm in giving it a try.

You will need to do some work to create suitable AI for VTBD as most WoAI packages now have VTBS as their Bangkok destination. What I did was I checked on the web to see which airlines are currently or will soon be operating from VTBD. Then it's just a matter of decompiling the traffic file, adding VTBD to the airport list, changing the flight plan destination from VTBS to VTBD and recompiling. And you can also create your own traffic files using flight plans and repaints available here on AVSIM.

After a few hours of work, I now have accurate traffic going into VTBS and VTBD.

If you Google vtbs2008_v11.zip you will get a lot of hits , one of which is...http://www.mediafire.com/?dz1matjqybq

I can't remember where I got it some time ago but it was probably somewhere like that.

Colin B

Edit: Seems to be available still at avsimrus.

http://www.avsimrus....ms=1&minrating=

That's what I originally did, yet I wasn't certain if the websites were reliable. Hearing it worked for you, I'll give it a try.

Thank you for the wonderful information, everyone! It truly was insightful. :smile:

If you use the avsimrus link, you can get both VTBD and VTBS by siamavsim.

Colin B

From the product description:

"This review is of the new UPDATE to the original 2010 version, released on 20th SEP 2012 and available for purchase as above."

"Available since: 09/20/2012. Sold by Armi Project"

http://secure.simmar...tl-fs2004.phtml

as in previous reply.

Euro 20 or about $26 download only. Simmarket I think does offer a CD service if needed. File size is listed at 32MB.

I think this is the scenery kiwiflyer45 referred to.

Note there are FS9 and FSX versions as separate downloads.

I live in Bangkok and ended up buying the Armi project and in fact took off from there to Dubai several hours ago.

This is quite a spectacular add on inside and out, you can actually fly your glider through the airport and its a very good replica of all the beltways and waiting lounges etc, so a lot of detail.

night lighting is very well done. Now for some reason there are those that get a strong Frame rate hit whilst others have no problems. I get 10-15/sec (pmdg and rex) at the gate and 20/sec after pushback and taxi with no hit at all on take off or approach. It comes in 3 files a higher and lower priority and land class.

Go to AI world of traffic and download thai airlines and whatever flies there and the airport is brimming with aircraft.

No probs to recommend this one and its not too expensive

edit , mine is the version previous to this one which is a free upgrade for me but they have removed the land class from this version and the review says 2010 version is probably a bit better, all a bit confusing..

ZORAN

Even with my older computer I don't recall any FPS problems with VTBD 2011....

Are Your "old computer" has lost own cores in time?) Four cores for VTBD scenario is more then enough )))... Yes, yes, VTBD2011 not problem for... 4 cores of Your pc. Fps on my real old pc(P4- 3.00 256x256 1024) is low. My pc- is minimal configuration for stable action of fs2004.
You will need to do some work to create suitable AI for VTBD as most WoAI packages now have VTBS as their Bangkok destination.
? Is any ai- fligh plan not contain VTBD? I have Mortens AI, WoAI and Ultimate GA traffic in to my fs. And I think VTBD in stock...
After a few hours of work, I now have accurate traffic going into VTBS and VTBD.
I have not time for hours of work(

Are You sure about correct afcad of Prasong`s VTBD? May be it created not for AI- Traffic, only for on- line?

Is any ai- fligh plan not contain VTBD? I have Mortens AI, WoAI and Ultimate GA traffic in to my fs. And I think VTBD in stock...

Hello UR67393 from Dresden again,

according to a quick search at Wikipedia (knowing that a wiki is not of scientific accuracy) the following airlines use VTBD:

Nok Air

Nok Mini

Orient Thai

P.C. Air

Solar Air

It seems that regarding these airlines there are WOAI packages only for Nok Air and Nok Mini with flightplans from 2010. At the moment I have no access tho my WOAI installer so that I can't say of these plans refer to VTBS or VTBD.

My Orient Thai flightplan referred to VTBS so that I had to change it after being reminded by your and Ians posts.

But there is another fact.

Beginning from October 1st the following airlines will move their activities from VTBS to VTBD:

Air Asia

Thai Air Asia

Indonesia Air Asia

There is a WOAI package for Air Asia with 2008 flightplan, I'm sure that it contains VTBS. After a quick search there are no summer 2012 flightplans for Air Asia group available (the newest flightplan available seems to be rather of 2009 or 2010, excepting Air Asia X which is from 2011), so that all available flightplans will contain VTBS for sure. And it seems to me that Air Asia group will be the biggest and the most prominent user of VTBD.

Technically, I see no other solution than to decompile the affected traffic bgl files via Traffic Tools, replace the term "VTBS" by "VTBD" and to compile the files again. Quite easy for me, as I have all commercial airline flightplans compiled into one huge traffic.bgl with "//" remarks to airline and flightplan period. The decompiled .txt files are saved so that I never have to decompile traffic.bgl to edit them, else I would lose my remarks.

By the way, as I work on the area of disaster protection, particularly flood protection, it was interesting to me to read about flood protection measures at VTBS. It seems critical to me to build an airport into a flood dangered area and to protect it with technical means, as these can fail... but there isn't a real alternative to doing so in Bangkok, is it?

Best regards

Harald

(and greatings to Mikolaiv! Some weeks ago, I spent three hours on Ukrainian soil in real life, coming over from Tbilisi to UKBB and changing from Terminal B to F to continue my flight to Berlin - possibly the last time at EDDT...? At UKBB I did a lot of spotting, seeing my first real life Yak-40, An-140, Il-76... I visited UKBB in FS2004 immediately and I missed AES there very much as wheather was terrible and I would have needed a FollowMe painfully...)

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg