Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

P3d memory

Hello updated to 1.4 and got my 1st out of memory and close down,never happened in 1.3 ,I have read a lot of threads regarding this issue, and remembered years ago using a program (forget the name )to close down any none important running programs , I have been using a program called G boost which seems to help but I cannot help wondering if there is anything better to use ( user options seems limited in choice or have I missed something ?) G boost shows 83 processes /63 services running when not activated and 64 processes /53 services running when activated

any help greatly received

thanks for reading peter

It is quite possible that P3D runs out of its own memory allocation space, 4G I beleive.

This OOM happens to me even though I have 16G RAM

I just keep an eye on P3Ds mem usage using the freeware app Sysinternals Process Explorer

If I get near 3.8G I save the situation

Also I run the autosave in FSUIPC

thanks to all that replied ,nice site you have there Word Not Allowed ,very helpfull ,decided to turn down

4096 tex ,that seems to have fixed the issue but is not what i wanted to do ,loved the detail at 4096

many thanks peter