Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

how many of you are using autosave?

Hello guys,

i was wondering since we are getting closer to the cross the pond east, how can i make sure that my flight will go smooth as far as technical things.

so is using the autosave every 30 muntues effective? how many of you have tried that? and how can i do that? thanks very much! BTW is it possible to do flight from KPHL to EHAM with 73-7? thanks.

Hello guys,

i was wondering since we are getting closer to the cross the pond east, how can i make sure that my flight will go smooth as far as technical things.

so is using the autosave every 30 muntues effective? how many of you have tried that? and how can i do that? thanks very much! BTW is it possible to do flight from KPHL to EHAM with 73-7? thanks.

i'm flying kphl to egll simulating the bbj MYBBJ. I made some tests. Here the data:

zfw: 46.5

fuel: 20.5

3159nm

time: 6:35 (38kts tailwind, cruise speed .8, initial fl370, sc 390 and 410)

landing fuel: 6.1t

since eham is not far from egll you can do it, even though you might not have too much room for alternate or holding. Check the (tail)wind, choose the right nat and fl/scl and you're good to go, and always have a backup plan! ;) maybe we meet somewhere over the pond (my tot 1305)

ps: i 've never used the autosave function

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

i'm flying kphl to egll simulating the bbj MYBBJ. I made some tests. Here the data:

zfw: 46.5

fuel: 20.5

3159nm

time: 6:35 (38kts tailwind, cruise speed .8, initial fl370, sc 390 and 410)

landing fuel: 6.1t

since eham is not far from egll you can do it, even though you might not have too much room for alternate or holding. Check the (tail)wind, choose the right nat and fl/scl and you're good to go, and always have a backup plan! ;) maybe we meet somewhere over the pond (my tot 1305)

ps: i 've never used the autosave function

are you flying to EHAM with the NGX too? what is your depart time? tand thanks very much for the info mate.

are you flying to EHAM with the NGX too? what is your depart time? tand thanks very much for the info mate.

see above :lol:

(MYBBJ, KPHL-EGLL, TOT 1305z)

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Hello guys,

I didn't think there was an Autosave feature within FSX? If there isn't just use the manual Save. However it's only backed everything up in the NGX. Say the LDS 767, it doesn't save the FMC data etc.

I use FSUIPC's autosave feature, I have set it to 30 minutes. Luckily I havent needed to load a save in a couple of years, as my configuration is fairly stable (stable enough to cross the pond in the insane 400 plane furball). But the last time I used it it worked very well, I believe it automatically saved the panel state of the plane I was flying (possibly the MD-11). I havent tried loading an autosaved NGX flight yet

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I use FSUIPC's autosave feature, I have set it to 30 minutes. Luckily I havent needed to load a save in a couple of years, as my configuration is fairly stable (stable enough to cross the pond in the insane 400 plane furball). But the last time I used it it worked very well, I believe it automatically saved the panel state of the plane I was flying (possibly the MD-11). I havent tried loading an autosaved NGX flight yet

Oh I might have to look into that when the 777 is released, rather than forgetting to manual save ha.

I use autosave all the time, it also saves to a flight called last, which I have set as the default flight for FSX to load. Within the NGX I have set it to load the panel state last also as the default. That way everytime I load FSX its set to go with where I last left the sim, the panel, location etc will all be as it was last time i exited the sim. The only manual change I often need to make is the time of the day, as FSX isnt very good at reloading in UTC.

I dont very often need to use the feature to load again due to a CTD in flight but have used it on occasiion. Another great reason to purchase FSUPIC

Use FSUIPC's autosave, set for every 2 min, up to 10 saves. Perfect for restarting those CTD's from where you left off.

With regards to Autosave and the NGX, the autosave and the NGX are not friends, or at least they weren't when it was released. I used to have autosave on and I turned it off when the NGX came out because it would cause a slight freeze/stutter. That hasn't been the case in other aircraft including the other PMDG birds. But, setting it to every 30 minutes is probably a reasonable precaution.

I believe that 30 min autosave time is pretty much useless for oceanic operations. You have to keep your separation carefully and if your FSX crash at 29. min after save (or 1 min before next one), and you try to load it and reconnect, you will disturb traffic flow and separation .

I believe that 30 min autosave time is pretty much useless for oceanic operations. You have to keep your separation carefully and if your FSX crash at 29. min after save (or 1 min before next one), and you try to load it and reconnect, you will disturb traffic flow and separation .

That won't be the case if you fly offline or check vataware (in which case oceanic on vatsim isn't super busy anyways unless its cross the pond or some other event).