Sign in to follow this  
Tristan Marchent

Really hard to slow down...

In EZCA v2 fuselage shake destroys all flight characteristics. I don't remember V1 ever having any issues in that matter though but I also don't recon that setting.

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

1 minute ago, PaulGR said:

In EZCA v2 fuselage shake destroys all flight characteristics. I don't remember V1 ever having any issues in that matter though but I also don't recon that setting.

To be honest, it actually makes landings much harder for me, clattering all over the place

10 minutes ago, JKawai said:

To be honest, it actually makes landings much harder for me, clattering all over the place

Turn it off completely. It is useless.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

It is commonly known that this aircraft IS very slippery as in reality, PMDG has accurately modelled this into the FDE.

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

2 hours ago, PaulGR said:

Turn it off completely. It is useless.

:biggrin:  Yeah I just did a flight without it and didn't even notice

I find one of the problems in reality, is the 737 FCTM is quite specific in how to fly, sorry "operate" the aircraft, and many younger F/Os can't really think out of the box, nor are they encouraged to. Flying airliners for a living is actually quite boring! 

Golden rules I stick to which work well for the sim too. 

1. Try to let the aircraft decelerate to a good margin below the flap limit speed.

2. Don't fly below the speed on the tape marked for the flap speed. the 5 and 10 speeds are the same. This speed, marked by the number is the maneuver speed, which gives stall protection with 25' degrees of bank plus an overbank margin too. 

3. If you are used to smaller aircraft, the pitch angle flying level slowly can be a bit weird. It's normal for a swept wing jet transport. Don't worry. As long as you keep at or above the speed for the flap on the speed tape you'll be fine. 

4. Speed and distance. An old Training Captain I used to fly with (actually I went for a jolly with him in his AA5 the other week, bless you Peter Davies, had a simple rule. At 10 miles from touchdown, you should be about 200kts. 9 Miles 190, 8 miles 180, etc. If you are faster, fine, just be aware and prepared to do something. If slower, fine, again, just be aware and configured and stable. Always works for me. Did on the Q400 and also on the 737. 6 miles and 160kts, perfect. Well 164 at max landing weight but close enough.

5. Always remember, the Autopilot, autothrottle and autobrakes, AND flight Directors are extras. It flies fine without and I try to practice as often as I am allowed.

6. Enjoy the view. Tubeliners come with big front windows. The times I've reminded F/Os to stop messing with the FMC and look out the window at the view!

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Gents,

Before some of you run off chasing your own tail, please do realize that this thread, recently, has been related to an issue in the sim, caused by an add-on, injecting effects that are unrealistic, and cause the plane to behave improperly.

The real world references are great, but not quite relevant to the recent discussion, as the recent discussion was caused by another program, and not flight dynamics or aircraft behavior.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

22 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Gents,

Before some of you run off chasing your own tail, please do realize that this thread, recently, has been related to an issue in the sim, caused by an add-on, injecting effects that are unrealistic, and cause the plane to behave improperly.

The real world references are great, but not quite relevant to the recent discussion, as the recent discussion was caused by another program, and not flight dynamics or aircraft behavior.

Yes, and I've just realised that my testing wasn't an accurate recreation of that awful 260knot approach with spoilers up because on that approach there was lots of turbulence (which EZDok would have exacerbated) and in my testing there wasn't.

Mark, thanks for the tips - I like that rule of thumb as well, I'll try to incorporate that. Well... maybe... probably would rather be concentrating on the pink needles than a perfect deceleration envelope :biggrin: