Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tazisdylan

Runway and AI texture issues

Hi all

Since running the 'Make runways' software ahead of using RAAS I have lost textures on AI planes. I appreciate that you do not support 'Make runways', but just wondering if anyone else had experienced a similar issue post RAAS/Make Runways install.

I have resolved the runway texture issues by re-setting the scenery priorities - so the title is now slightly misleading to this topic. Sorry.

Specs are attached to my profile.

Jason

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

*** Disclaimer: Any resemblence of my views & tech advice to reality are purely coincidental. No living beings or real aircraft where harmed in the making. ***

Bryan

It would seem that I have mislead you - I have sorted the runway texture issue but not the missing textures on the AI. The issue is not resolved.

Furthermore, now having loaded up EHAM with a -800 KLM livery I have a circle around the whole aircraft without any rain! In the 2d cockpit I have rain on the windows however! The plot thickens.

Jason

*** Disclaimer: Any resemblence of my views & tech advice to reality are purely coincidental. No living beings or real aircraft where harmed in the making. ***

Hi Jason,

Make Runways is Pete Dowson's utility.

I'm afraid I can't even begin to explain your texture issue.

Perhaps Pete would have some insight?

Have you tried ******* Bojoto's fixes for the your FSX.CFG file? LIke the HiMem fix?

My guess is that will probably help your texture situation.

Cheers

Bryan - appreciate your response and the comments.

I do have the highmemfix and various tweaks courtesy of *******. I found an old post from the legend that is/was 'Opa' on another forum yesterday that pointed to the DX10 preview option. I turned this off and it appears after a few test appearances at various airfields that the issue is resolved. Sadly discovered that solution after resintalling all my WoAI traffic mind - d'oh.

Still a bit strange though as it had been running fine with the DX10 preview on before the RAAS/Make runways install. I'll give it a few days to recover and try again with it back on! If the issues persists then I'll get in touch with Pete to see if he can offer up any thoughts.

As for the weather free radius around my -800, that is a WIP. Not yet tested other A/C in such weather conditions to see if it global or not.

Thanks again and best wishes.

Jason

Bryan - appreciate your response and the comments.

I do have the highmemfix and various tweaks courtesy of *******. I found an old post from the legend that is/was 'Opa' on another forum yesterday that pointed to the DX10 preview option. I turned this off and it appears after a few test appearances at various airfields that the issue is resolved. Sadly discovered that solution after resintalling all my WoAI traffic mind - d'oh.

Still a bit strange though as it had been running fine with the DX10 preview on before the RAAS/Make runways install. I'll give it a few days to recover and try again with it back on! If the issues persists then I'll get in touch with Pete to see if he can offer up any thoughts.

As for the weather free radius around my -800, that is a WIP. Not yet tested other A/C in such weather conditions to see if it global or not.

Thanks again and best wishes.

Hi,

DX10 always has been a problem with FSX. However, there is somekinda patch floating around in the Avsim forum. As far as i remember, there is even a special subforum for this. You might check it out and download the new shader. This maybe solves your DX10 problems.

Tebin Ulrich

Hi Tebin

Thanks for your input. I am aware that DX10 preview has always been problematic with FSx. I had previously run the fix you talk of and this seemed to sort out the issues it was designed to manage. I admittedly have not re-run it since installing RAAS and running Make Runways.

I will re-install the fix and see if this makes a difference. I'm not sure it will tbh, but willing to give it a try. If it does not work, it is no biggy. Appreciate your input though - thanks.

Jason

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now