Sign in to follow this  
Eamonn Watson

Updated Bonus Bank

Good Day fellow RTW racers,

The following has been posted on all 3 websites.. (But you guys already know) :)

I have updated the bonus bank in preparation for the RTW2013 race. I just finished testing it this morning and it should be all good to go less some changes needed by the race committee but those wont happen until race time.

First off, the bonus bank can now be found at http://www.rtwrbonusbank.com/ I decided to clean it up a bit and give it a much more modern appearance using some of the latest web tech and methods. This should work on all modern browsers, hopefully you all avoid IE like the plague. :) The system is now completely done by logins. Anybody who wishes to be on the banking committee for each team will have to register and be activated in order to make additions/corrections to the bonus bank. The race committee will also need to register. However none of that needs to be done now, just letting you know how its gonna work.

Also, you will notice a link at the top for Race Data. I am compiling a history of the race, just a map of the routes and who won/etc. The data is incomplete. The only full set of data I have right now is for 2012.. I am trying to compile the rest of the years but I find the further back I go the less data I can get.

Does anyone have a full history of this race? the routes taken by each team each year and who the winners were? and what order they were in? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated, as right now 2012 works completely but other years are incomplete but I am working on them. You can select the years by clicking on the appropriate years and then toggle the teams on/off by clicking on the teams..

For the 2013 race I am hoping to have this map update live that will give race positions of all 3 teams simultaneously, however given the current method for doing that, it is quite difficult.

Any and all questions/comments/suggestions are very welcome..

Thanks guys..

spacer.png

The race history map is a great idea Eamonn, thanks for all your hard work!

Mike Beckwith

Eamonn,

I have lots of stuff from the early races. I'll try to compile the materials and send them along.

Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hey Mike, I really appreciate it.. :) Anything you got would be most beneficial.. :) I figured since the main FS RTW site doesn't have much of a history that I will at least store the routes used year after year.. :)

spacer.png

Hey guys, added a blog/updates to the bank.. We can also use it for pireps to not clog up forum, if you want.. Otherwise i will use it to post updates on the bank.. :)

73664559c44af2a6d1606032c651cdf2.png

spacer.png