Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Top 3 most impressive addon airports?

Yeah, many addon airports are very, very nice but for those that have bought or seen a lot of addon airports, which specific airports do you consider the absolute cream of the crop in tiny-est details, impressive textures, jam packed busy with objects/people/trucks/cars/dogs/underwear/things, animations, lighting, sounds, atmosphere, etc?

BTW, doesn't have to be a huge city airport, could just be a grass runway type that made your jaw drop.

Probably a lot of the ORBX stuff. Well actually pretty much all of the ORBX stuff.

For other airports my favorites are :

UK2000 EGBB, EGLL and EGLC. (they're all good. That's just the three I have)

Aerosoft EHAM

Flytampa is good

Orxysim too (Can't wait for there YYZ!)

I'm sure I'll think of more but that's all for now

Cheers

Lee

KLAX FSDT

KORD FSDT

Anything from UK2000

ORBX for GA Flying

KPHL SunSkyJet

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yeah those 2 FSDT ones are good

I just got Sunskyjet PHL but my frames were terrible. I must try again

Lee

SFO from them is great too

I'm not into large hubs these days, did it for more than 20 years and now I am mostly flying low and slow. (Blame it to Flight). But still fly the Citation X to big boy grounds.

BTW, doesn't have to be a huge city airport, could just be a grass runway type that made your jaw drop.

For small grass airfields ORBX's 49OR Lands Inn is superb, you'll get people, dogs, butterflies, horses, cows, etc. (part of the OG39 Longview Ranch scenery)

For small airports their freebee KHQM Bowerman is a must

The way it's going, I'll end up buying all their NA stuff.

Cheers

I like those scenery addons that go outside the airport fence, like Miami City 2012 and Aerosoft's US Cities series - especially the newer ones that keep expanding the area like Los Angeles.

I like a couple of the Orbx better than others, some of the airports are nothing special at all, but the surrounding areas add a lot to the party, like Anacortes 74S, nice bridge and refinery but the airport sucks. I like Harvey, S43 for a small town airport and I like Ketchikan in Alaska, not for the airport as much as the large scenic neighborhood is well done.

My overall favorite of the Orbx bunch is Jefferson County, 0S9, a nice small local one runway but in a very scenic area. I will probably add Diamond Point during the next sale as it almost joins the area and has a grass strip and a small town paved runway with a good view.

For just big airports, my favorites are Fort Lauderdale KFLL, and San Francisco, KSFO. These are FSDT and FlightBeam editions.

For international I l ike UK2000 Extreme EGLL for Heathrow and Aerosoft's EDDF Frankfurt Mega series.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

EICK by Eiresim.

http://www.eiresim.com/eick.html

LEAL by Eiresim is also good in my opinion, also like KJFK by FSDT but am lucky if i get 20 FPS at it.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I like several of the "little ones" from Orbx and the "big ones" FSDT KDFW, UK2000 EXtreme - EGLL and London City. Of course the biggies are hard on my little computer.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Top three addon airports for FSX

1) Fly Tampa Kai Tak

2) Fly Tampa Princess Julliana and its other two Islands

3) LLH Courchevel along with the french Alps

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter