Hello,

I would appreciate it if someone that is familiar with optimal computers for FSX and P3D could look at the specs below and let me know if this would be a good computer to upgrade to.

INTEL i7-3930 LGA2011 EXTREME PM

INTEL X79TO MOTHERBOARD W/PCI-E 3.0

16GB DDR3 1600 MEMORY (2x8GB) 64GB MAX

ANTEC P280 PERFORMANCE ONE

ANTEC 750W HIGH CURRENT POWER SUPPLY

ASUS GTX670 GAMING VIDEO CARD 4GB DDR5

LG BLU-RAY ROM

ASUS 24X DVD/RW

ANTEC 120MM CASE FAN

WD 2TB RED HARD DRIVE

INTEL 520 SERIES 240 GB SSD

MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64X

Thank you,

Bob

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Hangar Chat" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Here is a tweaked version of that system that will give you better performance for less of a hit on your wallet.

Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard - A great motherboard with a UEFI BIOS for easy overclocking the CPU and managing other components.

Intel Core i7 3770K - 4core 8thread CPU with great OC potential. Just be sure to look into some air or watercooling to keep this chip cool. (Other users around here can help you with "de-lidding" the CPU to remove the stock compound under the IHS - Fairly easy process and will drastically drop temperatures on the CPU ARTICLE)

GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2400MHZ RAM - Inexpensive and very fast RAM that will help remove any memory bottleneck in FSX.

Crucial M4 256GB SSD - The Intel SSDs are nice but, they tend to be too expensive and are not a good value. The Crucial drives are extremely reliable.

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - Just a reminder, WD Red drivers are not designed for personal PC usage... Made for servers and NAS etc...

Corsair TX750W PSU - Great value, reliable, quiet and effiecient.

EVGA GTX670 FTW - Also a great value. This will run FSX with high AA without a problem.

The rest of the components that you listed look great!

Hi Bob, I second what Ben said... Of course, there are so many variables that it really can be tricky. What he lists is a great setup. I have an Ivy bridge i5 3570K with some of those same components and FSX is now a totally different experience...

I am running Aerosoft's Anchorage X at a smooth 40 locked with full on everything including UTX-AK and mesh underneath. He is 1000% right about cooling... Get a good one!!

You will be very excited about your NEW sim once you have specs like those above - either one.... you won't regret!

Jeff

Thank you so much for your feedback guys. I will relay this to my builder.

I am very excited about this computer. I'm hoping it will work for flight simulator for a long time.