Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

HELP! My P3D is possessed!

This is so bazaar, I just had to see if anybody else has come across this. When starting a flight, doesn't matter if it is a default aircraft or even a convert moved over from FSX, the plane automatically starts up on it's own, runs for 10 seconds or so, then stops. Then it repeats itself... starts up - runs a bit - then shuts down... even if I am flying! I can sit in the cockpit and watch all the animation happen. In the Cessna I see the key turn over and the throttle slides in to give power. Revs up the RPM starts to move then shuts off. Whaaaat?

It started, as best as I can tell some 24 hours ago. I installed one new add-on Aerosoft's USCitiesX - Las Vegas. I did have some problem getting it activated. So I assumed because I was installing it into P3D it was maybe some anti-pirating thing which screws up your flying in that area. So I uninstalled the program, and even started in an area way far away from Vegas. Same issue.

Right now I don't think I can even use P3D right now!?!? 10 years of simming and I have never seen this.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Clutch, were you entertained as it is not allowed from the use of the licence according to P3D.......

Sorry guys, I could not resist.... :spiteful:

Clutch, there seems to be a conflict in your controls, are you using fsuipc??

In over 20 years, never seen anything like this, I have no idea.

I uninstall and start from ground zero, or hire an exorcist ...

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Very good insight, Will. Yes I do have a reg version of FSUIPC. That too, 24hours ago was working perfectly. But when I pull up the FSUIPC screen to the Axis Assignment tab the IN and OUT fields are freaking out with thousands of numbers all zipping past my eyes. Pressing rescan does no good. Cannot get the numbers to stop even for a second.

So yes, that does appear to be some conflict. And I have experienced that in the past (like many of you perhaps), when you press or flip a switch something unintended happens due to a conflict. That I can grasp. But I am NOT touching a button or axis or switch. Again, happening on its own. It's like I am watching a recorded video of someone starting up an aircraft taxi a bit, then shut it down. That's what has my head scratchin' (and I'm a little scared too... it's the work of the devil!!!! :diablo: ).

May FSUIPC got corrupt? I'll move out my custom .ini to see if that does anything.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

Try unplugging your controllers, just for the heck of it. I dont believe FSUIPC would be the problem but could have a stuck controller switch or keyboard button? devil, naaa, gremlins, yesss

Go into your P3d setup screen and make sure your "enable controls" option is unticked.

You do get odd problems when P3D and fsuipc are trying to control things.

You do get odd problems when P3D and fsuipc are trying to control things

I've not noticed any problems? If one did think,for some reason it was FSUIPC. Remove the FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder and restart P3D.

You were lucky enough not to have conflicts then.

I have all my controls assigned via fsuipc and default controls disabled.

If for any reason fsx controls are enabled, you have two platforms trying to control the same hardware.

It is a very old and common sensicle problem.

I run both FSX ,P3d and FS2004 with no probs and they shouldn't share each other module folder. I even use the same FSUIPC.ini in both sims. You best ask Pete what your problem is.

Alright.... the fix is a bazaar as the problem. Are you ready to hear what fixed it?........

I'm a little embarrased and dumbfounded. I shut everything down, Re-booted. Bang... everything back to normal :Shocked: ??? No FSUIPC issues, no aircraft taking off on their own issues, no 3rd party issues. That's it... I'm headin' to the kitchen, grabin' an Octoberfest beer and gonna go watch the boob tube for a bit. I think I need a rest.... :crazy:

Lol, glad you have it sorted!

Glad you got it sorted! I feel obligated to inform you that it's "bizarre" rather than "bazaar" unless you consider your computer a market of some sort.

-stefan