I have recently tried to start using Active Sky 2012 while flying on VATSIM, but I have run into an issue where my speed jumps during climbs and descents. I use FSInn to connect to the server and I turned the FSInn weather off in my settings; I also use the PMDG 737NGX. It happens during my climb between 11,000ft and FL210 then it will stop. When I start my descent it starts up again at FL210 and continues until I land. During the climbs it jumps up by 10 knots and it will constantly jump between the speed I set my aircraft to and 10 knots above that (ex. Speed is set to 310 knots speed will jump between 310 and 320). During the descent it isn't quite as bad as it only jumps about 5 knots. These aren't just gradual speed changes either it shoots up then shoots down and does it constantly.

Now I don't know if it is some software that I'm using that is conflicting with it or what but it is really annoying. I'm going to try it with differen't aircraft to see if it is the 737 or just all aircraft, but I wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this issue and/or knows how to fix it. Thanks.

Samuel Scully

i actually have exactly the same issue, with any ac type i use, eg. the f1 pc12 or the new qw146...

AAny help would be appreciated since it seems this issue hasnt been adressed before

FSUIPC wind smoothing option should fix it - but you need the registered version. It's the FSX winds aloft causing the problem.

Mike

Yep, that is exactly what it was. I bought the registered version of FSUICP and didn't have any problems after that.

Samuel Scully

Well I've got a registered version of FSUIPC and I'm STILL having issues with this. So so so so so frustrating, especially considering AS2012 along with the other Wx engines I've bought from HiFi aren't cheap. VERY disappointed. Running Build 5067, FSX with PMDG 777 with settings set as instructed and the winds aloft keep changing from suddenly headwind of 120kts to a tailwind of 60... utterly useless. Would also add that ironically the yoyo-ing of the aloft winds only happens when in DWC. When in the other 2 modes it doesn't happen, but then I don't get any aloft winds which is pointless!

Totally unstable. Help would be appreciated, especially considering I am a full paying customer.

Thanks.

Sam - have you tried the free trial version of ASN? The wind issues have been resolved by the new processing approach.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Did you actually do anything with the registered FSUIPC to stop the wind shifts from happening? As far as I know just registering the FSUIPC does no good if you don't go to "Winds" tab and turn on wind smoothing which should fix the problem, at least I didn't have such problems with wind smoothing enabled.

Anyway like previous poster I too would highly recommend switching to Active Sky Next, it has completely fixed this problem without need to use FSUIPC wind smoothing feature and also is totally superior to AS2012 in many ways. 

Hello,

If you switch to ASN, you HAVE to DISABLE all weather options including wind smoothing in FSUIPC.