Sign in to follow this  
catchman

Best Simulation of Turboprop Engines

What planes currently offer a better simulation of turboprop engines? I know this is often discussed as a shortcoming of FSX but have any developers found a way around this problem?

Anthony Cacciatore

What planes currently offer a better simulation of turboprop engines? I know this is often discussed as a shortcoming of FSX but have any developers found a way around this problem?

RealAir's Turbine Duke probably comes as close as FSX can handle?

Cheers

Martin

I don't have it, but word around town I've always seen is that the RealAir Turbine Duke is about as close as it comes for right now in FSX. http://www.realairsimulations.com/duket10/intro.php?page=duket10_intro

PMDG have also done a good job with the J41. http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/js4100.html

I suspect the Majestic team are doing a good job in regards to the turboprop modelling in the q400. The b200 is one of my favorite airplanes; if they don't offer a 430 option I don't think I'll buy it. I went out and spent the $50 to get it for the c90, and I don't want to spend that again on the 530 when the integration patches don't even work that great.

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Yeah I think the Majestic one will be good to. Probably the best turboprop for fsx. Along with the F1 B200...and yes the J41. Although the former two will be better I think.

The Majestic is being modeled outside of FSX so that should make the engines and stuff better

Lee

What planes currently offer a better simulation of turboprop engines?

Anthony,

I split your post as your post was off-topic from the topic.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

PMDG's J41 is certainly the best representation of a fixed-shaft turboprop engine.

The best free-turbine out there is easily Majestic's Dash (soon to be Dash-'s' :wink:).

I know people praise how the RealAir Turbine Duke flies and such...but it suffers a bit because of it's reliance on the FSX turboprop model. Majestic's Dash (and PMDG's J41) is the only one out there that correctly models the Torque decrease and ITT increase with an increase in altitude...not the other way around in FSX's model.

Having said that if you can get past that Carenado's King Airs, the Duke Turbine, are still great fun. Can't wait for F1's Super King Air though to see how it pans out.

PMDG JS41... nothing does it better in FSX.

I agree, and the VC is beautiful to fly from as well. If you like turboprops this is a must buy. You also get lots of great documentation with it due to the history the PMDG guys have with this plane.

I have the PMDG JS41 and it is stunning. My next Turboprop will be the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 which is in Beta test now:

https://www.facebook...249628718485404

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals