Sign in to follow this  
Air France

EZDOCK

Hi,

SO I got EZDOCK and it is REALLY hard to configure. Is there any other similar software that it a bit easier to set up? Thanks!

I bought EZDOK, tried it, didn't like it, and returned it (thank you Flight1). In the process I discovered some great setup videos on YouTube that really helped.

Search YouTube for "ezdok setup"

Good luck,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi,

SO I got EZDOCK and it is REALLY hard to configure. Is there any other similar software that it a bit easier to set up? Thanks!

What aeroplane are you trying to configure?

You can "cheat" a little... I know people are using the 737 profile on the a320 and simply adjusting the camera views to their requirements.

Same for the 747, they are loading the md11 profiles, it takes care of most of the physics and you simply adjust the views, or you can play with the settings until ou achieve what you want.

Do a search on the avsim library, i know people have uploaded a few ezdock profiles you can use.

I actually enjoy it immensely, i trie to fly without it once just to see the difference and ended up aborting the flight, it doesnt feel the same without it, i guess once you get used to it it is difficult to fly wihout the effects.

You can "cheat" a little... I know people are using the 737 profile on the a320 and simply adjusting the camera views to their requirements.

Same for the 747, they are loading the md11 profiles, it takes care of most of the physics and you simply adjust the views, or you can play with the settings until ou achieve what you want.

Do a search on the avsim library, i know people have uploaded a few ezdock profiles you can use.

I actually enjoy it immensely, i trie to fly without it once just to see the difference and ended up aborting the flight, it doesnt feel the same without it, i guess once you get used to it it is difficult to fly wihout the effects.

I only found 3 files in the library :(

If you haven't watch this one, try it. Once you know the set up, you can configure any aircraft as easy as A B C.

Thank you!!!

Yup, those are the same links I used to figure the thing out. The GUI is a pain but once you understand the logic (which is quite simple from the camera standpoint), it is a snap to set up for every aircraft.

BTW, copying the cameras from another aircraft is not cheating. You copy from one aircraft and fine tune for the next aircraft

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

It's sorta like body building... it's hard.. it sucks... it takes time..

But the payoff of thousands of super model babes throwing themselves at you is worth it.

Yea... it's like that.

Try OpusFSX. I was using EZDock but hated the cumbersome and difficult setups required with new planes. OpusFSX includes an amazing weather engine and also a camera system that does everything EZDock does (that matters to the average user) and it is quick + easy to configure. I purchased this software last night and love it so far =D.

Hi,

I find EZdok to be very easy to configure and it works great. Look on YouTube. There are plenty of videos teaching how to set up EZdok. I think it is one of the greatest programs for FSX.

I find EZDOK also easy. I just base my camera settings to default plane cameras and adjust from there. I use TrackIR so I rarely bother that much with VC cameras, but it isn't still that big job to do from existing profiles. Same goes with effects, though I usually don't modify them at all.

Try OpusFSX. I was using EZDock but hated the cumbersome and difficult setups required with new planes. OpusFSX includes an amazing weather engine and also a camera system that does everything EZDock does (that matters to the average user) and it is quick + easy to configure. I purchased this software last night and love it so far =D.

I have become an Opus convert. Best 50 bucks I have spent

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.